Chapter 17

Randhir came out from the room closing the door behind him and directly went to the terrace. He started marching there restlessly. He ran his fingers through his hair and closed his eyes.

"How could I? Aarghhh…it's wrong." He cursed himself.

Randhir just had flashes of Sanyukta's face, her blood stained lips, her bruised skin, most of it her lifeless features. He hated himself at that moment.

"I can't do this to her. Yes, she was at fault also but I just crossed all my limits tonight. Main ek janwar ki tarah uski upor… I-I am sorry Sanyukta." He mumbled slowly.

He was too guilty to face himself when the other side, Sanyukta was bursted out under the shower.

"I hate you Randhir, nafrat karti hu main tumse. Iss duniya mein agar main kisi se sabse jyada nafrat karti hu toh sirf aur sirf tumse. Zindagi barbaad kar di tumne meri, main tumhari zindagi jahannum bana dungi!" She cried her heart out, the cold water can't soothed her even.

After half an hour the door of the washroom got open and a totally drenched Sanyukta came out. She stood up in front of the mirror and her eyes fell on her plump lips and tainted neck. She touched her bruised and winched in pain but instead of applying cream on it she dragged herself to the cupboard and pulled out a nighty. She quickly changed her dress and laid on the bed. She closed her eyes and had flashes of that incident and tears rolled down from her eyes but her exhausted body was unable to wipe them.

On the other hand Randhir was cursing his every cell for his brutal behavior with Sanyukta. Never in his life he has felt this ashamed of himself. He had hallucinations of Sanyukta's swollen face, her bruises, her painful moans, her tear stained face and last but not the least her lifeless body. He was too ashamed to face Sanyukta now but he knew he had to someday. So he decided to return back to their room and apologize to her. He prepared himself mentally and came back to their room. He opened the door slowly and saw her sleeping.

He was disappointed but relieved also but as soon as his eyes fell on her swollen lips and those bruises a lone tear escaped from his eyes. He hesitated once and then touched her bruises skin slowly when she stirred in sleep. He quickly went to the dressing table and brought her cream. He gently apply that on her bruises and lips then went back to his side.

"I am sorry Sanyukta. Galti ho gayi mujhse, nahi karna chahiye tha aaisa. I am sorry." He mumbled slowly then pulled the duvet and covered their frame and switched off the light after taking a last glance at her.

                              ***************

Randhir opened his eyes with the first ray of the sun. He blinked his eyes and his eyes fell on Sanyukta. Last night's encounter flashed in his mind and he lowered his lashes in shame. He slowly got up from the bed without disturbing her sleep and dashed inside the washroom. He came out after freshening up and saw her sleeping soundly, some confused lines appeared on his face.

"Sanyukta never sleeps till this late." He thought and came near her. He touched her forehead to check her temperature.

"Fever toh nahi hai." He murmured under his breath. Just then Sanyukta opened her eyes and saw Randhir there. She jerked his hand away and sat up on the bed with a jolt.

"Next time, if you dare to come near me or try to touch me again, Randhir, I swear I'll kill you." She gritted her teeth.

"I just came to check." He replied slowly, not meeting their gaze.

"Kya check karne aaye thay, ke kal raat ki tumhari assault ke baad main zinda hu ke marr gayi?" She hissed in anger when Randhir lowered his lashes in guilt.

Second Love (Completed) जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें