how to get over a girl

How To Get Over A Girl

1. Realize that you won't. Realize that this is not a problem you can ignore. She's in most of your classes. You will have at least one class with her until you leave high school.

2. She breaks up with you on a Wednesday, and that's a blessing. You still have two days to go until the weekend, when you can break down, eat pizza and ice cream and wallow in self-loathing.

3. Put everything she gave you in a box, but don't throw it away. You're going to want it one day, that necklace will someday go with an outfit. You'll read the notes she gave you and remember how it felt to love and be loved. You'll experience it again.

4. She says that you'll find someone better. Don't say that she's the only one for you, because you know that's not true. She's allergic to cats, she wants to live in Australia, she doesn't know how to hold conversations when that's all you want.

5. Recognize it is partly your fault. You have held your interests so close to your chest in fear of being ridiculed. You hide your love of boy bands, of writing fan fictions, of hockey. You're afraid to talk about the things you love, because you don't know if she'll want to listen. You still don't know.

6. Don't blame yourself. Pick out both of your flaws. She can't hold conversations, you can't talk about what you like.

7. You always knew that it would end. High school romances are not the end for you. Sometimes she told you too much and you couldn't take it, already struggling with your own weight. You never wanted to give her some of yours, and when you finally did it, she broke up with you three days later.

8. Cry about it.

9. Wash your face.

10. Do something weird with your hair.

11. Wear your All Time Low pullover because it makes you feel safe.

12. You'll get over her.

this is nowhere near what i wanted to write, but i needed to write something cathartic and here we are.