two

"You should have seen him." The young girl smiled to herself. "He was very handsome." she added and took a seat on her bed, kicking her bare feet happily.

"Lady Irene, you should be more careful when sneaking out. You already know I am breaking many rules by aiding you, at least try to stay out of sight." Lightning, Irene's personal bodyguard pleaded in her deep voice. "As much as it pleases me to see you finally smile, your wellbeing also worries me, my lady."

 "I know, Lightning. You risk too much by helping me and I will not be as careless next time." she assured the pink haired woman with a nod. Her smile dropped and she lowered her head sadly, silencing. Lightning bit her inner cheek, she felt bad for making the girl drop the subject so quickly.

"So..." she began as she sat beside Irene. "How handsome was he?"

The brown haired girl's smile returned as she connected her eyes with Lightning's who smiled back at her. She linked her hands, pressing them against her chest as she kept talking and talking about how handsome the prince she met yesterday was. 

Oh, how she wished she could see him again. 

To be honest, she wished she could see anyone, but the prince was somebody a little too special to her.

-

"Didn't know King Augustus' daughter had returned to Alexandria." Ignis said, placing a finger on his chin in thought.

"Well, she said she was a princess, so I suppose she returned." Noctis shrugged. He licked his thin lips and sighed, looking out of his window.

"So, was the girl pretty?" Prompto asked with a smirk, resting his head on his hands. 

Noctis couldn't help but smile, nodding at his freckled friend.  "She was beautiful. Much different than the girls in Insomnia." the prince said.

"Well, Alexandria is far away from Insomnia and women there do look different, so it is normal." Ignis pointed out, earning a groan from the ravenette.

 "No, you don't get it! She was... another kind of beautiful!" He fought, trying to explain what he had seen in her. But he couldn't. How could you explain beauty? You could only see it with your own eyes.

"Seems to me like our prince has a crush." Gladio teased, stretching his back as he laughed.

"Well, it's no use. You are getting married to Lunafreya after all." Prompto sadly reminded his three friends, earning a sad sigh from the prince. How he hated his father's decision to marry him off to his childhood friend. He was completely against it from the beginning, even more now that he had seen princess Irene. 

"I've got to see her again." Noctis muttered, clenching his fists. "I just have to."

Prompto then butted in. "Why don't we just take you there?" he suggested and Noctis shook his head.

"No, no. You see, something's gotta be wrong. She said she was sneaking out, and she rushed back in the castle very quickly." he explained. "I think... Look, I'm not sure, but maybe she's like... trapped in the castle. Maybe she's not allowed to get out or something like that." Noctis added, scratching his head in confusion.

"Why would she be forced to stay in the castle?" Ignis asked, turning to his friends.

"Maybe she's grounded?" The blonde questioned, earning a smack on the back of his head from his tattooed friend.

"Sometimes you're such a child." He commented, earning a glare from the freckled boy who rubbed his head in pain. 

"Do you think I could sneak in?" Noctis suddenly asked.

"Um, I strongly suggest that you do not--" but Ignis was cut off.

"I know you're not okay with it, but I have to see her!" the prince protested, causing specs to shut up.

 "And how can we get you through the soldiers?" Gladio asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I don't know..." Noctis burried his face in his hands as he sighed loudly.

 "Why don't we just try asking King Regis to arrange a meeting with King Augustus so that you can see her without breaking any laws?" Ignis then suggested, lacing his arms above his chest.

 "He just met him yesterday, what else would there be to discuss in a span of one day?" Prompto disagreed, shrugging.

"We don't have anything to lose, though. I could ask father about her, if he knew she was there. And if we don't get anywhere, we stick to the 'sneak in' plan." Noctis explained as he stood up, fixing his clothes.

 "And what are you gonna tell him? 'Hey father, I know I'm going to marry Lunafreya, but I'm madly in love with princess Rapunzel and I want you to take me to see her'. Nice plan, Noct." The blonde mocked him, pointing out everything the three had forgotten.  The prince groaned, his friend was right. He plumped back on the bed and growled. 

"What am I going to do..." He questioned outloud. 

"Well..." Ignis began, sighing since he knew he was going to regret this. "We still have the 'sneak in' plan." All of the three's pairs of eyes were on him, widened. Noctis' smile widened more and more, not believing in his ears. "Just, don't make me regret this." The royal adviser pleaded, covering his face with his gloved hand. 

 "I won't let you down, Ignis!" Noctis exclaimed and jumped off of his bed, pacing back and forth in his room. "We gotta think something." He ran a hand through his raven spikes. "We have to prepare a plan, you know, in case we get caught. We will need a Plan B, for fleeing purposes. Also... how am I going to get in her room without getting caught?" The prince asked, raising an eyebrow.

Prompto smirked and rubbed his hands mischievously. "I think I've got the perfect plan."