five

"Come on! The plan didn't completely go wrong!" Prompto protested, raising his arms in the air in outrage.

"What else could go wrong? I climbed on the wrong balcony, you got seen by two bodyguards, one of which you knocked out!" Noctis got even more anxious as he counted all the things that did go wrong, only now realizing how serious they were.

 "But you got to see the girl!" His blonde friend reminded him. Well, that he did. And he felt himself relaxing once he got reminded that.

"Whoa, look at the kitten." Gladio teased, leaning against the way with his muscled arms crossed.

 "You really are into her, huh Noct?" Prompto asked with a smirk, seeing his friend's cheeks turn deep red. The ravenette ran a hand through his locks, his heart beating anxiously.

"As if you can't tell." Gladio rolled his orbs.

"I believe you all forget lady Lunafreya." Ignis spoke, sighing. Noctis' face dropped, all the happiness he felt from his meeting with Irene now gone.

 "Ignis!" Prompto scolded, seeing that Noctis had returned to his bubble.

 "He does not have a choice, whether I speak of it or not. He will wed her." The tall man explained, Noctis' eyes darkening.

"What if I don't want to!" He screamed and dashed off of the room. The blonde tried to go after him but was stopped from Gladio's strong hold.

"Let him." He said calmly, Prompto sighing in annoyance.

"He has to get used to it. Him and the princess have no future." Ignis spoke in a hard tone, sighing afterwards.

 "He's your friend, Iggy! He's a friend of all of us! We can't just let him fall into his depression again!" Prompto protested, leaning on his arms that were against the desk.

"It's not my choice, Prompto!" Ignis removed his glasses to rub his tired eyes.

"Yet, we can't just leave him like that. The girl... she's changed him." Gladiolus pointed out, Prompto nodding in agreement.

"I suppose that is true." Specs agreed, no matter how wrong it was according to law.

 "So we gotta help him. Come on, Iggy!" The blonde practically begged, his crystal orbs stuck on his friend.

Ignis sighed and licked his thin lips, before finally nodding hesitatingly.

"Alright." He muttered. "Whatever you believe is for the better." And that earned Prompto's wide smile.

.

Noctis was currently in the garden, sitting under a large tree. He was picking on the grass, sighing from time to time. For once again, the only thing in his mind was the princess. Her bright smile made his heart melt, even when he simply though of it.

 Suddenly, he heard a soft meow come from beside him. He turned around and saw a snow white cat, with a bow around her small neck. A small envelope was embraced by the pink bow, keeping it in place. The prince raised an eyebrow when he saw the cat slowly come closer to him, now standing on his lap.

"Hey there little fella." He patted the cat's small head, earning another meow from her. "Is this for me?" He questioned and the little creature meowed, as if it replied positively.

 Noctis proceeded in unwrapping the cat's bow and taking the envelope in his hands, opening it to find a letter inside. He was curious, so he quickly let his eyes scan the scattered words and letters.

Dear prince,

I suppose you know who it is, I apologize if this seems a little bit old fashioned, but I have no other way to contact you. I wanted to thank you for visiting me last night, even though it was very dangerous. You made me feel the happiest I have ever been.

I hope you did not get in any kind of trouble. I would never want that.

I hope you'll come to see me soon. I'll be anxiously waiting for your presence. If you have any reply, you can give it to Lou, she's my cat!

P.S.
  Lightning, my bodyguard, was the one who caught you last night. Do not worry though, I've taken good care of it.

Sincerely yours,
Irene

Noctis smiled to himself as he read the letter written by his sweet princess, feeling his heart race. It made him more than just happy that she wished to see him again, and he would make sure to see her as quickly as possible. He placed the letter in his pocket, before picking Lou in his arms. 

 "How about we write a reply for the princess?" He asked in a soft tone and headed to his room.

.

He placed his letter in a small envelope before carefully attaching it on Lou's neck with the sane pink ribbon. He made sure that it wouldn't  off and patted the kitten's head softly.

 "Do you think you can get it back to her?" He asked curiously as Lou circled around his legs, rubbing herself on the prince. He giggled at that, before sighing in thought.

"I'll see you soon, Irene." He breathed and stood straight, fixing his clothes and leading the cat towards the garden once again. "Please don't lose it, okay?" He eyed the little creature. "Get it to her as fast as possible." The cat meowed before dashing off the case and into the city.

He just wished that he would get a reply as fast as possible.