Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Walter

Etta's POV

-------------

Walter. He was just standing right there. And now he's not there.

I shrink into my seat and hide behind Henry- I mean Tyrone- as he insists I call him. I can feel Mason's questioning eyes boring into us but he says nothing.

Finally he breaks the silence. "That's not weird at all," he says.

I ignore him. I point to were Walter was previously standing, "Wa-wa-wa-lter." I manage to say.

Tyrone knocks my hand down. "Okay now you're officially starting to creep me out."

"Now?" Mason says quizically.

"Well she has been through a lot," Tyrone snaps which only makes Mason chuckle. "What?" Tyrone snaps.

"Love ammuses me, espically when unrequitted," Mason says.

I can feel my face burn and I'm sure that Tyrone's is burning to.

But then I remeber that line, "Jace," I accuse him as I sit up straight.

"What?" Tyrone asks me.

I keep my eyes locked on Mason. "That's from Jace Wayland Herondale Morgentern Lightwood," I say accusingly.

Tyrone whistles under his breath, "What a name that is," he says. I ignore him.

"Who?" Mason asks.

"Don't play dumb with me Mason. Jonathon Christopher Wayland Morgenstern Herondale Lightwood-"

"Gosh, the name gets longer," Tyrone mutters.

"-said that line in City of Ashes. It's an old book but it was very famous." I finish overtop of Tyrone.

"Okay, and?" Mason asks.

"You read it! You read a book for teenage girls!" I point my finger at him accusingly.

He opens his mouth to reply when suddenley I get a call from Ella. I answer my phone. "Hello?" I say.

"Etta, Etta? There's an emergencey and you need to come down to Libertey Island right away!" Her voice is frantic.

"What happened?" I say.

"There is a tear in this universe, letting the third universe creep into it. All of the nightmares from the universe are crashing into this universe."

I drop my phone onto my lap and I can hear Ella's voice faintly saying Etta?! Etta?! but I ignore her. I now know why I saw Walter. I'm not crazy.

I turn to Tyrone, "I'm not crazy!" I say happily.

"I might have to disagree," Mason interjects.

But then I get less happy when the reality  of this dawns on me. Our mission was to try and close the whole between our universes and now... Our mission just got a whole lot bigger.

Thank you all so much for commenting!

I know that this chapter was again, short, but I just wanted to get something out there for all of you :)