Chapter 40

I was utterly exhausted when we finally got back to Tim’s place that afternoon so I went straight to my room for a much needed nap.

---------------------

“Hey Maya…” Tim’s soft voice woke me up from my deep sleep.

“Hmm?”

“Feeling better?”

I rubbed my eyes before opening them to find myself face to face with Tim.

“Hmm.”

“You need to come downstairs. We’re having a team meeting in about five minutes.”

“Hmm.”

He chuckled at my grumpiness.

I sat up slowly.

“Glad to see I’m such a good source of entertainment for you, Reynolds…” I mumbled.

His face fell.

“Are you still mad at me?” His sudden insecurity startled me. “I kind of had to tease you this morning, you know? I mean…” He raked his hand through his dirty blond mop of hair. “You were so damn hot…” His voice got deeper. “And totally unaware…” He sighed. “I mean I’m a guy so I was bound to…”

He was rambling but he was so freaking cute that I was half tempted to let him go on. I kind of felt bad, though, so I put him out of his misery.

“I get it, Tim… I was just embarrassed at my…” I scrunched up my nose. “clumsiness?”

“So we’re good?” He asked.

I smiled at the gentleness of his voice and nodded shyly.

I was immediately engulfed in a bear hug.

“I missed you today.” He whispered in my hair.

At a loss for words, I simply tightened my hold on him to show him I felt the same. He nuzzled his face into the crook of my neck and kissed me softly.

“Guys?” Mark called us from the corridor.

“We’re coming…” Tim answered before grabbing my hand tightly in his. “Let’s go.”

--------------------------------

Five minutes later, we were all seated on the sofas in the living-room. 

Tim had brought drinks and snacks on the coffee table.

All his earlier insecurities seemed to have disappeared and he now stood authoritatively in front of us.

“Before we start, you need to tell us how you're feeling about everything...” He was staring at me pointedly.

I glanced at the boys and realized they were all looking expectantly at me.

I sighed.

"What do you mean, how I’m feeling?" I knew I was stalling but I needed time to gather my thoughts.

From the moment I'd knocked on Tim's door the night before, all thoughts about the S.U.N, my first class or my parents had been locked away in a dark place at the back of my mind.

I knew it hadn't solved anything but that was how I coped.

Now that I had to face what I'd learnt twenty four hours ago, I felt my body tense.

Deep breathe...

The first thing that popped into my mind was the two questions I’d meant to ask them.