Chapter 9

"I would love to join you guys. Rose thanks for asking. I thirsty do you guys want anything?", said Chase. His smile is so gorgeous I can't handle it.  " I know what they like, I'll come with you Chase. If that's okay with you?", I replied. He paused for a minute. Then he started to blush. "Sure, it would be nice to catch up with you, but I am paying for all the drinks. Let's go to the front and get the drinks now.", he said. We started walking. Before we got to far I looked back at Jenna. We smiled and shocked her hands. At that point I could feel my face getting warm and fast. " What were you doing here Chase? It's not like a 'Jock' to be at a book cafe." I said. He looked over at me and I looked strait at the ground to avoid eye contact. " I believe that 'Jock' is just a label. People have it all wrong. I may play football but I love reading and writing. I write on an amazing Fan-Fiction website called wattpad. I write about football, movie stars, and sometimes personal things." he told me. Wow he is inspirational. His smile is so cute. "That's awesome Chase. Breaking the status-quo, I love it. What are you getting?" We were next in line about to order. "What can I get you two cuties?", the Barista asked. "Can I get 2 Pink bubble teas , and a lime bubble tea." I asked. "Add one more lime bubble tea to that, I will also take 2 birthday cake cake pops, and 2 sea salted caramel cake pops. That will be it.", Chase said it with a lot of confidence. 

"Do you have swipes Sir?",.

 "Yes I do, here you go."

 He handed his card to her. "Thank you Sir,  your total will be $10."

               We walked back with the drinks and cake pops. For while it was quite. "Hey Rose, I have a question", he said. "Sure Chase, you can ask me anything",I said. " Do you want to hang out sometime, like just me and you?", he asked. I felt my face getting hot. It felt like I had a whole zoo in my stomach. We asked me, Rose Nichol Johnson, on a date! "Sure, what do you have in mind?" He took a second by time he was about to answer we were in front of Jenna and Sam. 

"What took you guys so long", Jenna asked with a little bit of attitude.

"There was a line. Today's Barista is slow, I think she's new.", Chase replied.

"Yea okay. Is that my pink bubble tea I see?"

"Yea here is your teas guys. I am going to go look for a book I have been wanting to check out for weeks." I said.

"Well great book club guys. I've got to get going. My mom is taking me to the movies to see Baby Boss.", said Jenna.

"Okay bye, Jenna", I replied.