Chapter 14: Say Good-Bye

***************************************

I woke up with Yanis beside me. I smiled when I heard him hum a song I do not recognize.

"Good morning." I yawned.

"Good morning, sleepy head!" He greeted back. "You have to hurry or else you are going to be late for school—"

"Yanis, I'm ready."

"Felicity, you were controlled by emotions that night and you just want to know the truth because you are confused."

I shook my head in response. "I have decided a long time ago, Yanis. Before you even came to my life. I've alway know that I won't be living for a long life in earth. Alam ko na walang kasiguraduhan ang aking kamatayan. I could die now or tomorrow or even while taking a bath. I know. That is why I've written the letters."

He looks confused so I stood up from the bed and open my study drawer. Kinuha ko ang isang box na kulay puti at binigay iyon kay Yanis. He inspect them one by one. Sinimulan kong sulatan ang letter after the first big attack than I had. Dun ko nalaman na pwede akong mamatay ng walang pasabi at ayaw kong mawala sa mundong ito ng walang maibahagi sa aking minamahal sa buhay.

"Mom and dad...." Yanis read softly.

"Yes, I wrote that even before they left." Yanis placed the box on the floor as he dragged me onto him.

"I'm sorry for causing you hardship."

"Yanis, you did not. Lahat ng nangyari sa buhay ko, nagyari dahil naging desisyon ko din ito. So, please stop blaming yourself."

I felt him nod.

"Felicity, take the week to talk to your love ones. I won't allow you to leave this world with regrets inside your heart because even if you'll no longer exist here, you'll forever carry that burden." He smiled and caressed my face. "I'll be right beside you, and I promised to tell you everything."

***

Pumasok ako sa paaralan para lang puntahan ang tatlo kong kaibigan. I wanted to tell them about my condition because I know they will surely blame themselves for not knowing about it. They would think that they did not fulfill their obligation as my friends.

Kumain kami sa may park ng aking mga kaibigan at ayaw ko sanang sirain ang tawanan at asaran ngunit ay wala na akong oras. I told them about my condition and they did not say anything at first ng biglang umiyak si Stella.

"I'm sorry for not asking!" She hugged me. "I should've insited to know your condition when you said you cannot participate in our PE classes! I'm so sorry!"

I told Stella that it was not her fault and she should not blame herself. Trisha was more quiet but their was tears in her eyes. She told me that I could always relay on her and that made me happy because even without the sickness, she have always been my helping hand. Xander was quiet for the whole picnic when we continued it. Nang natapos ang picnic, nauna sila Trisha at Stella dahil may pasok pa sila. Si Xander naman ay nagpaiwan dahil kakausapin daw niya ako.

"Alexa, I've always liked you." He caught me by surprise. "I'm not pressuring you for anything. Ang ibig ko lang sabihin na lagi lang ako nandito when you needed someone."

I smiled back at him. "Thank you Xander, you've always been a good friend." I hugged him for the last time and we bid each other goodbye.

The last few days of the week ay hindi ko nakita is Yanis and I took that time to bond with my brother and ate Hemera. I talked to Ate Hemera when my brother left for the washroom. We started talking about the wedding they'll be having next year and what will be happening. Its just sad that I won't be able to attend it but atleast I know ate Hemera will be my brother's strength.