Chapter eight

Disclaimer: an emotional rollercoaster ahead. ENJOY!
___________________

A hurricane. A fire. A storm.

She started all that in me.

And now i'm burning. I'm burning with desire, i'm burning of ache, i'm burning of Love.

Although she was never mine, seeing her in his arms ignited a destructive force.

I've always hated losing, but losing her was of another taste. It was another kind of loathe.
--------------

We had an early match this Saturday at the Camp Nou. We won 5-0 against Las Palmas, so everyone was in a pretty good mood after it. Except me.

I spent the rest of the day pacing the room from one direction to another, thinking about ways to get to her.

Thiago and Mateo were with Antonella. She took them on a vacation to get to know Enzo. Thiago wasn't taking the news of us separating really well. He was having nightmares every night and he refused to sleep in his bed alone. And to top it off, Laura didn't visit this week, so he felt more abandoned. It was getting out of my hands at the moment.. how do you heal a 5 year old's broken heart? We made a mistake that sadly he's gonna pay for it the most.

I sat on my couch switching between the channels to try and cool off, but my brain was too hyperactive at the moment.

I went to the kitchen to make myself a sandwich, when i bumped into Marta.

This woman was so quiet and invisible that i almost forgot she was here.

"Jesus, Marta! You scared me." I held my chest for my breathing to go back to normal.

"I'm sorry sir, i thought you knew i'm here." She said, a small chuckle escaping her lips.

"Marta please, my name is Leo. Well, actually Lionel, but Leo is fine. I hate formalities. You lived here for a decade, you're family." I said, patting her on the shoulder.

"Uhm, yes sir. I mean Leo." She replied shaking her head embarrassingly.

"So, do you want me to make you anything? A sandwich perhaps?"

"No thank you Marta, i'll do it myself." I needed to be distracted by anything, just for a moment.
-----------

I went back to the living room, turned on the tv and started eating my turkey sandwich.

Think, Leo, think. You need to figure something out fast.. I mean would she really give in to him that easily?

Oh look who's talking.. you kissed her right out of nowhere or should i remind you?

Great, now i can have conversations with the voice in my head. Just great.

Focus. Think. You have an hour to make your move.

Ugh, why am i not good at these things.

A sudden doorbell brought me back from my head making me almost jump from the surprise.

"It's alright Marta, i'm taking this!" I shouted from the living room.

I opened the door to see the face i wanted to see the most, yet the last i expected at my door.

"Laura?" I gasped surprised.

"Hey.."

"What are you doing here? I mean, where's Ney?" I looked around making sure she was alone.

"He had to take care of few things, so i thought i'd visit the kids since i didn't have time this week." She spoke softly.

"They're not here. They went out with Antonella." I said, leaning on the side of the door.