born to fall part 5

• Dedicated to jully

Hey its been awhile since I last updated this book but IV been caught up in life. With high school and everything I can get a little distracted from the things I like to do but we all need to find some time for yourself and this weekends mine and I’m spending it writing. Thanks to my good friends Jully, Kassy and Jade for reading my book and giving me advice and encouraging me to keep writing. “Danger danger” ;) well back to the book.

Like rate subscribe

Born to Fall part 5

            I was driving in the crummier parts of the city in my red aero when some tall guy in a black sweater with his hood up walked up to my car, now stopped, and knocked on the window.

“The corner of first and walnut at seven,” he said. Then when I gave him a fifty he walked away and sunk into a dark ally. I continued on my drive passing various places. A café with boarded up windows and a half burnt down house. I had been to them both before and they seemed to have been human dwellings once but now they were perfect for the passing by demon.  I went through those houses once a month just to be sure.

            I glanced at the time on my radio. It was noon. So I had a couple of hours to waste hunting for Chris and other demons. I parked my Aero outside of an old, and not to mention abandoned, wear house. It has an old worn out sine on it that used to say “Sunnys Storage” even though it was never very sunny around here. It was just on the verge of rain now. I put my hand on my dagger. Its name was mortem rapidum, which means swift death in Latin. And it always was swift in my hands. I checked the time on my gold watch. It was nearly two. I walked around the building into a small ally where no one would see me and I let my wings spread. I jumped and my wings lifted me to the roof of the building. I walked towards a window, feeling my feet shift on the gravel on the roof.

            I opened the window and dropped down onto a cement floor. The building was a lot bigger on the inside than the outside with rows and rows of shelf’s going on and on and on. There were demons in here no doubt. I could smell them. I took out mortem rapidum as my watch shifted into a round shield engraved with the words: none shall pass. I liked what my watch came up with today I thought to myself with a smile.

            Just then a screech came out from somewhere in front of me. And with the screech and arrow flew towards me. But with my hand-eye coordination I sidestepped and bated the arrow out of the air with my dagger. Then more screeches and arrows came my way. I lifted my shield and knocked several out of the air. I started to move forward when I noticed a pair of glowing yellow eyes looking at me from in between some boxes. As I looked into the eyes a few arrows passed by my head.

            How could I be so stupid? Ok, keep your guard up I told my self as my wings came back out and covered my sides. I slowly made my way down the row. As I closed in on the end I could see more glowing eyes looking at me. Something heavy hit my back and I fell flat on my face. Something started to pull on one of my wings. I flipped over and smacked it with my shield. And man was it ugly. It had glowing yellow eyes, the only not so terifiying part of the thing. It was bald had grey skin with bat like wings, so thin I could almost see through them. The arms and legs were just skin and bones with three hooked talons on the end of each. It screeched and flew straight at me. I let out a battle cry and met it half way. Its talons clashed against my shield and almost yanked it out of my grasp. But I lashed out with my dagger and severed its head from its skinny neck. It fell to the floor spurting black blood while its head rolled away, its yellow eyes staring at me.

            All of a sudden they swarmed me grabbing my wings, dagger and shield. I yelled and tried to pull away but those things got my dagger. I closed my wings tightly around my body feeling one of those things squish up against me. My shield, which I thankfully still had, morphed into my favorite arm braces, gold and spiked. I let my wings out with a powerful push knocking all of the grey things away from me.

Grey. That’s what I’m going to call them, The Greys.

            They formed up a circle around me. Then a few charged on my sides. I knocked them out of the air with my wings and herd crashes as they knocked over boxes and broke glass. One came at me from the front and when I swung it dodged under my swing and latched onto my leg. It started biting and scratching my leg. I yanked it off and tore it in half as three more grabbed onto me. I exploded in anger and grabbed as many as I could. I tore wings and legs off of the greys but they didn’t give up. In fact there seemed to be more of them than at the start. I looked around and saw them just seeping out of the shadows.

            I finally got away from the most of them and yanked one last grey off mf my left arm. I started to fly up towards the window but they cut me off and swarmed me again. They grabbed onto me everywhere and I couldn’t help it, I fell to the ground with a crunch. As I started to black out I noticed something different. There in my vision was a familiar face. One I remember from the pool house. I know the laugh too. I cant quite put my finger on it but…