Chapter 4

The lunch lasted, like all saiyan lunches, incredibly fast, and messy. Mirai and Gohan snuck off, neither having their father's stomachs. Running out of the building, they flew off into the sky, speeding off. They flew in silence, always at arm's reach of each other. After a while, they lowered towards the ground. Landing at the base of a large waterfall, Gohan smirked, leading Mirai behind the waterfall. Climbing slowly over rocks, fallowing an old warn path, Gohan smiled, leading Mirai on into a small cave. Not long afterwards, the two crawled through a small entrance, into a large cavern under the waterfall. Mirai stood, looking around at the place, before smirking.

"No one knows about this place...do they Gohan?"

Gohan shook his head, walking around the walls, gently tracing carvings in the wall with his fingers.

"Nope...no one has been in here since I was Goten's age. No...I was older...don't you remember?"

"...oh...right...right before the cell games...it was the only time we had to just sit and talk...wow...it wasn't that long ago to me but...so long for you..."

"Too long." Gohan walked over, and gently took Mirai's hand in his own. Mirai let himself be led over to a large rock, where they sat.

For the longest time, they just sat, first back to back, listening to the waterfall's song. After a while, they were sitting side by side, chatting and joking about the past, about the lost future, and about life. That didn't last too long. Sitting side by side, Gohan leaned over a bit, resting his head on Mirai's shoulder. Mirai smiled softly, and wrapped an arm around his taller love's body, holding him close. The Z warriors had gathered at around 5 for a celebration, welcoming Mirai to their time. There was only one problem, no sign of either Mirai, or Gohan. Vegeta simply huffed and went off to train, pulling Goku, muttering about the "brats probably out fishing or something." Everyone started to get worried as night fell upon the land, and there was no sign of either demi-saiyan, not even a power level. Everyone decided to go out and search for the pair. Vegeta grunted, and took off saying he'd find them. Everyone shared looks, wondering what was wrong with Vegeta. He was seeming to slip back into old habits. Figuring it was just Mirai, they calmed down, going back to hanging out and around, waiting for the prince and the boys to return.

In the cave, the two laid on the ground, Gohan laying on trunks, cradled in his arms. They laid, just holding each other, cradling each other. They had no idea why they were comporting each other, they just were. Mirai sighed as he felt Vegeta's power level hovering over the waterfall. Gohan frowned, cursing as he sat up on the ground.

"Damn it! How did he find us?"

Mirai chuckled, standing and helping Gohan up, "What...you don't remember? This is how we were separated last time we hid in here! Come on, everyone's waiting for us."

Mirai started to head for the entrance, but was stopped as Gohan pulled him around. Mirai stumbled slightly, the two ending up pressed against each other, only a few inches separating them. Gohan leaned down slightly, Mirai leaned up, and in the center they connected. Two sets of lips pressed together in a ghostly kiss. The kiss was a mere breath long, but to them, to them it was long enough the world stopped turning. To them time froze, and even hearts stilled. As they broke from the kiss, it took them a minuet to remember to breath. Blushing deeply, they started to exit the cavern. Vegeta was standing, leaning against a tree when they got out. Vegeta took one look at the blushing pair, then frowned. Picking up a rock, he tossed it at a bunch of rocks at the top of the water fall, all of them falling down on the pair, missing them, but the water that fallowed hit them, drenching them to the bone.

Vegeta took off, smirking. Gohan and Mirai shared a look, more or less asking "what the hell was that about?" They reached Cc after Vegeta did, and were greeted by everyone. Gohan and Mirai looked at each other with soft blushes, then went to explain their absence. Bulma walked over and handed them towels as she laughed, explaining that Vegeta said he had found them fishing and playing in the water. Gohan and Mirai took the towels, then went upstairs to go get changed and join the party. Vegeta had disappeared soon after he returned, no one able to find him the rest of the night, which was alright with everyone, seeing as Vegeta never got along with parties. After a long enough time, the guests disappeared, and everyone turned in for the night. Goten was staying over that night, so Mirai went to one of the guest rooms on the top floor. Sitting out on the roof, Mirai sighed sadly. A small smile crept along his lips as Mirai felt a hand press against his.

Back at the Son residence, Chi chi and Goku had absolutely no idea where Gohan was, and probably just thought he was spending the night with Mirai. And in fact he was. The two cradled each other in their arms, falling asleep on the roof, just content to hold each other. They slept peacefully through the entire night, waking just in time so sit, holding each other as the sun rose. Right as the sun got halfway up, Gohan leaned over, kissing Mirai passionately on the lips. Locked in each other's arms, they laid on the roof simply kissing, only breaking when they felt Vegeta's power level as well as Trunk's and Goten's.

Mirai chuckled as he crawled through the window, Gohan fallowing. Hearing Bulma bellowing breakfast, the pair went downstairs, laughing as they went.