Chapter 22

Goku was starting his battle against Buu, the new Buu, by the time Mirai arrived. Buu was ecstatic, seeing he'd have more of a challenge now, but seeing Goku starting to attack Mirai, Buu could only watch, and laugh.

Goku snapped, seeing Mirai appear as he had. He had been wished back by Bulma's careful choice of words. Having wished back Everyone that Buu had killed, except Vegeta, Mirai had been revived. And now that he was back, Goku was starting to take his anger out on the boy.

Powering up as high as he could, Goku's hair falling back in waves of shining gold, Goku launched himself at Mirai, and managed to get a few well aimed punches in before he realized, why fight this boy now, when Buu was a more serious risk. The fact that Mirai wasn't even defending himself against Goku was another reason he had stopped.

Buu's laughter was cut short as he was attacked on two fronts, but it wasn't anything more than he could handle. Gohan flew back to the fighting pair after finding his missing earring. Seeing Mirai, realizing it was his power Gohan could only freeze. Painful memories returned, but his heart also leapt, seeing his once lover was alive. He was so confused, and so distracted, His name being screamed by Mirai and his own father snapped him out of it just long enough for him to drop the earring, fighting off the pink al most putty that had latched itself onto his body. Piccolo and the kids had been absorbed already, little to Mirai's knowledge, but seeing his lover being absorbed, he reacted faster than his mind could comprehend. No one else was there to save him, he had to. This time Goku was distracted by Buu, and Mirai made it there fast enough to grab Gohan's hand, the pink almost putty rising up around his body as well. Screaming in rage and anger, tears falling all around his and Gohan's hands, He felt the putty slide up under his hand, and then slip around, merging with the strange Buu, trying to wrap fully around him as well.

Mirai saw Buu starting to change as Goku started to freak out. The pink almost putty body of Buu's wrapped around his body, but it all expanded, flying out in all directions as Mirai stood there, floating in the air where only Buu and Goku could stare, his hair reaching back, cascading down to his ankles, the same step that Goku had been only moments earlier. His eyes were blank and dark, locked on Buu. Goku slipped away, rushing to get the earrings that would be needed, but before he had the chance to toss one to Mirai, Mirai launched himself at Buu, only to be enveloped in a beam of strange light.

Goku stared, shocked as Mirai was changed into a piece of candy. He stared in shock as the candy moved, continuing its attack, it really was Mirai. Vegeta arrived just in time to see the candy become eaten, and hear Goku's scream, "Buu Ate Mirai!"

Inside of Buu, Mirai screamed his anger, thrashing out against the body in anger. But upon seeing Gohan walking though the body, away from him, Mirai fallowed, wanting to apologize, to tell him how much he loved him. Ignorant to the world outside of Buu, Mirai continued his way, blasting a path through the pink monster, fallowing the signs of his lover, but being forced to stop. Face to face with Gohan, Goten, Trunks, and Piccolo, Mirai could only blink. How did they all get absorbed?

His train of thought was cut short as the kids powered up, fusing together, leaving Piccolo and Gohan to power up on their own.

"....Shit..."