Chapter 4: The Storm

( The Picture is of West Wind)

Misty trotted leading the make shift herd to what she hope was the way to the herd.   That night  a storm rage on, Misty found a place for the herd to rest out of the storm. Later on in the night Rain walk up to Misty.
"Misty, you need to rest." Said Rain.
"No, Mom. It can wait until we find  Father." Said Misty.
"NO!!! Rest now! West Wind can watch us." Rain said in a voice of leadership.

West Wind walk up.
"Misty, I can do it. You know, right?" Said West Wind.

In the middle of the night a high  pitch whinny called Misty from her sleep. Wolfs. Misty shot up and race to where the cry came from.
West Wind was fighting  seven wolfs.  West Wind had a foal under him. He had many cut and bit marks on him.  But he was going to save this foal.

"West Wind, look out!!!" Yelled Misty.

It was too late West Wind had a wolf on his back. He tried to buck it off but he was down. Misty cried and charged the  wolfs. Misty through a rage of tears killed the rest of the wolf.  As it rain harder and harder, Misty race  to West Wind. The foal was ok. West Wind  was laying very still.

"West Wind get up. Please get up!" Misty cried.

West Wind did not move.