Chapter 12: Home

Misty's heart flew with pride of returning to her herd. As she gallop to the edge of the hill where the herd could be found most of the time, she looked into the valley and saw her herd. Dawn and Dusk stood on top of a ridge watching the herd. Beside them stood their mates. Dawn and Dusk looked very round. With a gasp, Misty realize that her daughters were going to have foals. 

Misty gave a loud whinny of joy. The herd below looked up and saw the lead mare. They raced forward. Desert and Jet reach Misty first, they nuzzle her and nicker with delight to see their mom. Dawn and Dusk reach Misty last. Misty look with pride at her fillies. 

"Mother, me and Shadow are going to have a foal! Said Dusk.

"So are me and Eclipse!" Said Dawn.

Misty had never felt this happy before. She was finally home,  her herd was safe, and so was her family.

   One moon later, Misty got to meet her grand foals. Dusk's filly, Blue Moon, and Dawn's colt, Sun Drop.

 Misty lived for many years after that watch over her beloved herd. Sadly Misty never had another foal after Desert and Jet. Blizzard stayed by her side until he was called by the stars. She watch her sons have foals of their own. She watch Dawn's and Dusk's family grow. She watch her grand foal grow up into proud mares and stallions.

One day Misty was enjoying the warm sun on her back. Her legs get tried so she played down in the grass. Soon many old friends who had left the herd came to get her. Rain ,Spirit, Mama, Blizzard, and most of all there was West Wind. Together they when to be with the stars.

THE END

Blue Moon

SUN DROP