Chapter: 10 Poison

Misty trotted from Dawn and Dusk, who each wanted a mate. Misty could not stop the tears in her eyes. Her eyes fell on Destert and Jet, who were napping in the warm of the spring's bright sunlight. Misty's breath came short, next to them was a deadly poisonous snake. The snake was ready to stick. Misty bolted to her colts, she placed herself between the colts and the snake.
"Ack!" Misty cried.

Blizzard raced to her side. He reared up and drove the snake into the ground. Then he circled back around to Misty.
"Dawn and Dusk, please lead your brothers away!" Cried Blizzard.
Blizzard placed his muzzle by Misty. Sweat covered her sides. Her breathing was fast and hard. She had foam at her flank and chest.

"Blizzard, pleases take the herd away!" Misty said with great pain.

Just as Misty sunk back into the grass, a golden mare with a rider crested the hill. It was Little Creek on a mare named Dove. Little Creek saw the herd and how they were crowed around a mare. Little Creek click to Dove as trotted to the herd. He gasped as he saw it was Mist Mare, his named for Misty,.

"Oh no!" Cried Little Creek.

He hoped down from Dove and came for a closer look.
OH NO IT'S POISON! Thought Little Creek.

Quickly he felt Misty skin it was hot, very hot! Little Creek know he had to get Misty to his tribe or she would died. Misty let out a painfully cried.

Blizzard watch sadly as Little Creek tied rose around Misty and slowly dragged her away. Before Misty left she called Blizzard over to her.

"Tell Dawn and Dusk, yes. They can have mates." Misty said in a raspy voice.

Blizzard just nuzzled her. Jet and Desert whinny for Misty but a mare named Dusty quieted their cries by nuzzling them to her flank.