Chapter 9: True Love

Misty  was standing in the morning shadows. She look at her two colts just days old. She turned her head to gaze at her side, Spirit. She frowned, Misty trotted to her Mother and Father.
"Are you and Mother alright?" Asked Misty.
"Your Mother has a high fever. It may be deathly. I think we need to go. I mean we as the you and the herd. Do you understand? It might be a plague. You don't want the foals to die, do you?" Spirit said.

"OK. I think it may be good idea," said Misty, "I love you, Mother and Father!" She called as she canter away to the herd. She whinny the order to move out.

They travel all day and part of the night. That night Misty saw Dawn with a young stallion.

This is pictures of Dawn and Dusk as young mares.

Dawn

Dusk

Now back to our story

Misty look  at herd on the other side of the and saw Dusk was with a young stallion,too.  Misty was very surprised by it. Misty called her fillies to her and their lovers.

"Dawn, Dusk is there something you like to tell me?"

"Well, there is one thing that comes to mind. Mother meet Eclipse, twin to Hawk who was killed by Scar. He and I feel strongly about each other." Said Dawn.

"This is Shadow, son of Freedom. We are in LOVE!" Dusk said with pride.

Now here is Dawn's and Dusk's Lovers....

Eclipse

Shadow

Now let's continue our story

Misty just was standing there in disbelief of what her girls just said. Dawn and Dusk had grown-up into fine young mares, and being the next Lead Mare did not hurt. Drops of tears  came to Misty's eyes as she looked at West Wind's fillies. Soon Misty would step back as Lead Mare and both Dawn and Dusk would rise to fill their spot as Duel Lead Mares. No she would hold on to them a little longer since West Wind was dead. That would keep them for the pain of  the world. Maybe just maybe she could stop time and not lose them to the world. Yes yes that is it, said no and keep near.
"Are you sure that it is true love not power?" Misty said looking at Eclipse and Shadow, "when your mares are in danger that could kill. Would you run or would you fight? Give up all the power for one mare, when their are many others like her? If she  doesn't give you alive foal will you give her away or sire a foal for another mare? If she was stolen from the herd would you fight for her? If she was to get hurt and slow the herd, would you leave her? If a stallion wanted to take her to his herd, would you fight for her? If she was forced to mate with another stallion, would you kill her and/or the foal just being weak or not of your bloodline? So if you were to be Lead Stallion and your love for her dies, would you step back as Lead Stallion or would you plot to leave her and stay in power? So tell me if you truely love her or you love the power that comes with her!?" Misty asked."Tell me now!"

Both stallion just was standing there not sure of what to said. Then, Eclipse spoke," I know what I have with Dawn is true! I dare you to challenge me on my love for her!"

Blizzard came galloping over! "Did you just threaten the Lead Mare of the herd? The one whose with just one word, can throw you out of the herd. You can take back what you just said, and not lose your place in the herd!" Blizzard said with bids of rage and pride.

"You are saying that we can't love each other! We know your story, Misty, Rain, you ,West Wind, and a few mares got spit from the herd. That night wolves attack your small herd, they want a foal for dinner but West Wind save the foal who had walked away for his mother and was attack. That is when West Wind saved him, but lost his life. You and him loved each other so you mated. One year later, Dawn and Dusk were born. Do you who the colt was that West Wind saved? It was me. I have always felt it was my fault for his death. As Dusk grown-up I felt as if West Wind wanted to be her mate. I started to love her and now I know it. I will be her mate. I would do anything for her! And to answer your questions I would do the things that are right for her. Even if kills me!" Shadow said his voice rising with every word.
"As will I!" Cried Eclipse.
Misty felt touched they would love Dawn and Dusk like her sire Spirit had love Rain.
"I am touched by what you both have said, but no! They are too young! Maybe in a year or so, my answer may changes. But I will let you still talk with each other. But my answer is still no!" Said Misty as she tried not to let her fillies see the treardrops in her eyes.

Before anyone could reply Misty turn and gallop away. Dawn and Dusk were too young to know the pain of losing a mate. The lost of a mate was too much for some mares to handle. What had keep her going was their unborn foal, or foals. Then when Dawn and Dusk were born. Misty know West Wind was alive in them. Now, here was Dawn and Dusk wanting to have mates. But Misty could not stop the feeling. She know it was mean but they were her only thing she had of West Wind. She know she could not keep them forever. But maybe in a year she would feel different.