Chapter 8: Getting down to business

"Again!" I shouted frustratingly at the newly formed dance club, All-star Spark. All of them were now killing me inside out. Especially Cordelia.

"Can we take 5, please?" Joe asked while panting like crazy.

"Make it 3." I shot before turning away to a corner outside the studio room to spray my inhaler. And yes, we were renting the studio room I normally teach at.

"Haely, are you alright?" I spun around to see Bellette and Yuri walking towards me.

I inhaled again before answering them, " I'm fine. Just taking a moment."

They exchanged glances and nodded before leaving. Then, I slumped against the wall and steadied my breath.

"Hey. You okay? I saw Yuri and Bellette passed by from here." Said the person whom I least expected.

"Go away, Trent. The last thing you need to worry about is me." I managed to breathe out.

"Sorry if I'm nosy, but are you having breathing problems?" Trent blurted out.

Ah, darn it. So much for keeping a secret.

Oh! I almost forgot to tell you what was happening now. The dance club members and I were at the studio working on the senior prom's performance and for the Square. Still don't get what I meant? Here's what happened after the night Trent visited me at the studio we were using now.

The day after Trent's visit I went to confirmed with the club and the principle about me taking over the club as the president. With that, we discussed about the name for the club since the old name, Burning Ice, was just naive and gave us a childish image.

"Why not we all throw a word of how you describe this club as of now or even what dance is to you personally?" I asked the club as an alternative to create the club name from there. "I want something to do with who we all are as a club and a team since I think that we are somewhat elite. All-star works too seeing as you all are pros in what you dance."

Some of them awed at what I said and even agreed to have one of those two words I suggested. Some of the words and combinations they offered were just plain ridiculous, inappropriate and weird like Bryce's "Jalapeno Flame" and "Eye Candies" and the Winters twins' "Feisty Cleats". I actually wondered if having them remain in the club was a good idea.

Then what seemed like forever later, we came down to "All-star Spark", "Dance Pride", "Elite Unlimited" and "Shocker Drill". Majority agreed with the reasoning and meaning behind "All-star Spark": 1. we are who we are in our own genre of dance which makes us feel elite, 2. spark is created for a fire to start; thus we are like sparks, causing people to get excited and just want to get up and dance all out, and 3. spark in the dictionary means a trace of life or vitality and something that activates, stimulates, inspires and catalyzes; we translated that dance is a trace of our lives and this club and we hoped that the school will be inspired in why we do what we do.

Since we took the whole of Thursday to discuss the name and register our name officially, we decided to let loose in the room going freestyle on Friday, throwing random songs at each other to dance to and just have fun with each others genres of dance. Half an hour later, a surprise came through our door.

The priciple sent us a word about us having the honors to perform for the senior prom this coming May and she needed to know by then and we all agreed to her offer almost immediately.

For the following weeks of March, we met up at the studio every evening to discuss what we should perform for that day and also our first performance at the Square, putting some ideas to the test. By almost a week later, we came out with a rough idea of what we wanted for both.