Chapter 9

M A L A I N A ---

When I finally wake up, it's almost three in the afternoon. Great I missed breakfast and lunch.

I decide to go see Luke. I think he should know what I found out last night, even if he does think differently of me now, he's the only friend I've got here.

I knock on the door to Cabin three and Bianca answers. She looks frustrated about something. Probably that I've interrupted her. I don't think she likes me very much.

"I take it you're looking for Luke."

"Yes."

"He's in his room." She steps aside to let me in. Though she does it begrudgingly. "I know who you are." She says suddenly. "And if you hurt my brother, I will personally kill you."

"I would never hurt him." I say before walking to the back of the cabin.

I knock on his door and a loud groan echoes from inside. "What do you want Bianca?"

"Actually, it's me Malaina." There is silence for a few moments before he says: "come on in."

He's sat on his bed, his face is red and his hair is a mess. He looks sad and annoyed at the same time.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"Yes." He said. "So what are you doing here?"

"I need your help. Or if you're not going to help me then I was hoping you'd help me find someone who could help me, 'cause the past few days have been a complete and utter mess for me and I just found out that my mother was a sorceress and that just makes the whole being the daughter of Kronos thing even worse, and now you hate me and my parents are missing and I know like three people in this entire camp and I- I just..."

"I don't hate you." He whispers and

"You don't... hate me?"

"I never did. I just needed some time to think about everything. I mean being told the girl you lo- I mean the girl you're friends with is the daughter of the guy who tried to kill your dad. That's a pretty big deal." Love. He was going to say love. Right? "Whatever you need, I will help."

"My parents. I need to find them." I say simply.

"Then that's exactly what we'll do."

***

Luke pressed his ear up against his sisters door. I stared at him my eyebrows furrowed.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"Checking they're gone." He answers still listening for something.

"Who?" I ask.

"Bianca and La Rue."

"Who's La Rue?" I ask, confused.

"Rodriguez La Rue, apparently he's my sisters boyfriend."

"Boyfriend!? Bianca has a boyfriend!?"

"What other sister could I possibly be talking about?" He said while rolling his eyes. He stays there for a while longer listening for even the slightest sound of movement. He sighed and pulled away.

"Okay, they're gone. Now I don't have to worry about them doing anything." He cringed and the thought and shivered. Then he took my hand and pulled me into his room.

We sit down in his bedroom which is a lot like the rest of the cabin only with a bed and pictures of his family hanging on the walls. Two pictures drew my attention. On was a picture of seven teenagers. There was a dark haired boy with sea-green eyes, which was obviously Percy Jackson. He had his arm around blonde girl, who I assume is Annabeth. I don't know the other five though. There is a blonde boy with glasses who is holding hands with a dark skinned girl with brown hair that was rather messy. Next to her stood an African American girl, who also had brown hair. Her eyes were squeezed shut as she was smiling so widely. The Chinese boy next to her obviously loved her very much. But the romance was taken away when I saw the seventh boy leaning in doing bunny ears behind the girl with his tongue sticking out. I laughed out loud. Luke looks over at me, and smiles when he notices what I'm laughing about.

"That's my Uncle Leo. He's a bit of a joker." Luke continues to tell me who the others are and who their godly parents are.

I turn my attention to the second picture. That has ten people in it all different ages, and they all look like mini versions of the seven teens in the first picture.

I pick Luke and Bianca out immediately, though they look a few years younger. I also find Jack hiding in the corner, being pulled into the picture by a short brown haired girl.

"Those are their kids." Luke explains. He points to them each in turn.

"That's my little brother Ethan, he's five." Black hair, grey eyes.

"Jason and Pipers daughter, Elizabeth, she's seventeen." Brown hair, blue eyes.

"Hazel and Frank's kids, Sammy and Emily. Fifteen and thirteen." Both brown hair and gold eyes.

"Leo and Calypso's kids, Willow, Leo Jr and Ollie. Thirteen, ten and seven." Willow had caramel hair and brown eyes. Leo Jr and Ollie had black hair and brown eyes.

"That's who we need." He says.

"All of them!?" I ask incredulously.

"No, just a few of them. And of course my parents."

I gulp nervously. "Your... Parents?"

"Yep."

Percy and Annabeth Jackson. In the same room as Kronos' daughter. I'm surprised we lived together on the same planet for so long! This was not going to end well...

I know at the end I kind of did a recap of Chapter 4, but when I reread it I realised I didn't mention a lot of things like names, so there. Bye!