Arc 2 - Gone and Back Again

(Continuing the morning of the next day where Arc 1 ended)

Mei's P.O.V.

The sun shined brightly through the window as I slowly began to open my eyes. Everything was blurry, but I knew exactly where I was. I smiled to myself and wrapped my arms around (Y/n)'s neck once more, cuddling up to him. I listened to his heart beat, almost putting me into another sleep. But his body began to move, and his eyes slowly began to open up, revealing the grey eyes that had been burned into me ever since we were in 5th grade. I smiled when I felt him hold me back, smiling at me. My heart jumped a beat and I put my forehead to his. I sighed to myself, realizing that I forgot to tell him something important. But I could use that excuse to stay longer so I just had to not blurt it out and I'd be fine. After what felt like hours, (But was actually just a couple of minutes) (Y/n)'s parents knocked on the door.

"We're going to work now! Have a great day!" They shouted from the hallway.

"Bye! Have a great day!" (Y/n) shouted back at them in a happy tone.

It was time to get up, as I slowly retracted my arms from (Y/n) and slid off the bed. I looked outside and noticed all the snow that was still on the ground. A beeping came from my phone and I noticed that it was a message from (Y/n)'s mother, "Don't worry about coming in today, no missions! Have fun!" I smiled to myself and began to rummage through my bag, finding a blue long-sleeved sweater and a pair of track shorts. (Again, look at the chapter cover to see what I'm trying to horribly describe) I stood near the end of the bed and saw (Y/n) slowly sit up, using the wall to help guide him over to his dresser.

"You want some help?" I teased.

He jumped as he had thought I left the room, "N-no thanks!"

I giggled and walked into the hallway, closing his door behind me. Putting my back to the door, I closed my eyes. I leaned into the door and smiled, thinking of all the wonderful times that we've had over the years. The times where we would sing together, when I'd take him shopping with me... last night popped into my head and I blushed. Out of nowhere he opens the door and it catches me off guard. I begin falling backwards after jumping from the sudden door opening. My head hits against his chest and he catches my arms, helping me stand up. Blushing even more, I take one of his hands and lead him down the stairs. I let go and headed for the kitchen as he made his way to the couch.

"I can help too you know" (Y/n) looked over the couch and in my direction.

"Yes, but this is all part of your Graduation present!" I lied. I didn't want him around the oven, seeing that his first time helping me cook we accidentally let fire come up from one of the burners. I began looking through the fridge to see if there was anything worth cooking for breakfast when the phone began to ring.

"I got-" (Y/n) began to stand up from the couch.

"Don't worry I've got it!" I quickly moved around the kitchen counter and reached for the phone.

Click

"(L/n)'s residence, who is it?"

"Hello, I am looking for (Y/n). Is he by chance home?"

I hesitated, "Could you give me a name?"

"T. Alon" (Creative name I know)

I muted the phone for a moment, "(Y/n), do you know anyone named T. Alon?"

"T. Alon...? Yeah! He's an old friend of my mom" (Y/n) looked back at me.

I picked the phone back up and kept my eye on (Y/n), "Yes, he's home. Can I leave a message? Or would you rather talk to him?"