Chapter 9

"CHANEL!" I feel a rush of air and I fall to the floor with a loud thud. Although the white carpet is soft it cannot comfort my fall. I find Lainey on the other side of the bed standing with the sheets that were just ripped from my clutches. "HEY WHAT WAS THAT FOR!" I get up holding my hurt head and pulling down my shirt. "You're such a liar! I knew you liked him" for a moment I'm utterly confused on how she would know about anything. "You talk in your sleep. All you kept talking about was Pizza and our neighbor Colton" emphasis on Colton with a long high pitch mocking tone. "Shut up, just because someone's in my dream doesn't mean I like them" I honestly believe it was just some random dream that happened and I don't know why. "They say when someone's in your dreams it's because you fell asleep thinking about them!". I roll my eyes at the response, I,Chanel Marie Harper did not think about Colton. He was an old friend, besides that he was an obnoxious self absorbed jock and only liked one thing, water polo. Colton had water polo and I had tennis, no mixing, tennis was my love and polo was his. "Just admit you had a dream about him!" "FINE! I had a dream about him!" Immediately Lainey flops on my bed stomach down. "Tell me all about it!" I searched for a pair of shorts to put on "why do you want to know?" "Because my little Nel is in love!" "Oh my god,Shut up!". With that I threw a fluffy pillow which softly plopped onto her face, "please?" I rolled my eyes and sat on the bed trying to figure out how to start the story.

It was one of the last days Colton was going to be over to coat the house he wrecked, maybe then I would stop having dreams about him. I didn't need this. The comb brushed through my damp hair as I tried to get the knots out, a loud metal thump came from the first floor of the house. He was here. I slid my eyeliner on and a tan colored eyeshadow, a voice came from behind me making me jump and drop all of Lainey's girly makeup on the floor. "Why are you trying to look better than normal?" Thank god, just Lainey. "I'm not,wow" I pick up the bottles of makeup remover and other fancy brushes. "Whatever you say, but you look nice, I see you put cover up on your eye" it wasn't even dark anymore but I didn't want anyone seeing the lightly smoky ring. When I looked at the roof it wasn't the same it wasn't a quiet spot, it was some complacent area that gave me goosebumps. I did my best not to get any dust on the black shorts and plain white v neck but the roof always got dusty. We were a fire hazard. Sitting on the roof now felt different, I didn't want to write or listen to music, I just wanted to relax and mollify myself. I didn't know what last night was about, I didn't believe any of that. Did I? Nah. Slowly I heard another loud metal clash and I knew there was a ladder about three feet from where I was. "Hey! I see you're still trying to kill yourself and use the roof" I scrunched my nose and Colton smiled. "So last day?" I say lying down idly on the hot blue tiles, "around about" the boy climbed up and sat down next to me. "You're never going to get done if you take your time talking to me" he reclined his back in the position I was and closed his eyes. " who says I want to get done, less time away from Kurt" it was true my house was better, "so you're just going to work forever?". "Only if I get paid, princess" I slug him in the arm for the nickname "dang girl, keep hitting like that and people will change calling you babe, to Babe Ruth". "Are you always this dumb?" I said furrowing my skinny eyebrows "only on days that end in 'Y'" I rolled my eyes and laid back down knowing there was no way of winning the argument. "This is pretty nice" I close my eyes as I hear his smooth voice coming from my left "oh your still here? I didn't notice" I tease and feel a giant hand push my shoulder "oh shut up, you'd cry if I left" I exhale happily from the warm sun. "Oh you just wish I would cry on your shoulder again" I taunt. The sun beats down on the both of us making me slowly fall asleep though I make sure I won't. Wouldn't want a problem like two nights ago. "You should really be painting" I say quietly "and you really shouldn't be up here" I open my eyes and sit up half annoyed at the boy. His eyes are closed and he lays there smiling like he's having a good dream. " get down there and paint" I say forcefully with my hands on my hips. " What if I have other plans!?" I roll my eyes "keep rolling those eyes, tell me if you see a brain back there!". My mouth drops and he starts laughing " I'm just kidding!... Maybe" he was a jerk at times, but so was I. "Fine I'm leaving!" I take a few steps and do a fake topple on the tile "COLTON!" I lay myself near the drain pipe and the tall senior rushes over. "Just kidding....that's what you get for being a jerk!" I laugh as he pulls me up and leans me on the slanted roof. "You know, if it was anyone else but you I'd kick your ass" I give a 'really' look raising my face. Quickly the boy brushes his lips to mine and this time I feel his lips, this isn't a dream. "Um what are you doing?" He looks taken back and I don't know what to think about this. I don't trust any of this whether it be myself or him. "Sorry, I just don't know about this" I look at his withdrawn face and this isn't at all like my dream last night, and I like that. "It's fine if you don't want..." I slide my arms to his neck and pull him back to me, placing my lips on his. "We shouldn't be doing this. But, oh well" he smiles and after a few seconds he pulls back looking at his house across the street. "You want to go to my house?" I smile a bit and look at the blue orbs in his eyes "How about you finish painting and once you're done I'll think about it". His tan golden face has a bounce in it and he looks back at the ladder "we'll talk about it soon, I'm going to go paint". The boy walks away, doing a double take before going down the ladder "bye Chanel" "bye Colton". This was weird., really weird.