Chapter 12: Bad feeling

Info:

Jikininki – (or shokujinki) referred to as “hungry ghosts” or “wendigo”. It is said that when people are too greedy and selfish, they may be doomed to a realm where they turn into jikininki, and from there on they’re only driven by the desire of eating human corpses and/or feces. Basically, the punishment for wanting too much is wanting even more, just something else… something way more gross. However, they can never really get what they desire, at least not entirely, and never get satisfied. They are portrayed as really terrifying, often making people freeze when they see one.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Tomomi watched as Haruna's truck disappeared in the distance, and let out a heavy sigh. She was worried, but there was nothing that she could do about that. She could only hope that Haruna would act a bit friendlier and that those two wouldn't get in trouble. 

As soon as Mami closed the front gates again, Tomomi decided to focus on her instead. 

There really wasn't anything she could do about the other two, so she thought it was better to pay attention to Mami and whatever she might need while Tomomi was there with her. That was something positive for Tomomi to think about, in the end. She could stay close to Mami, watch if she was really eating like she was supposed to, and just make sure that things were ok with her.

- That makes me feel like a child, you know. - Mami commented after finishing with the chains on the gate and walking to her, crossing her arms.

- I would enjoy that if I were you. - Tomomi grinned at the blonde, and saw her smiling a little before shaking her head - You can rest assured, I'll be a nice guest and do lots of things for you.

- Ok then, if you say so. - Mami sounded amused as they began their walk towards the house - I'll try to be a nice host, too.

- There's no need to worry about that.

Tomomi walked in happily and followed Mami through the house once again. But she got a bit confused when they walked past Mami's room and the blonde entered the door right after it. When she walked in after her, she saw another tatami floored room with a big window, and her trunk was in there next to the door. Mami walked to the windows, and as she did that, Tomomi started to realize.

The confusion died as she looked around, feeling absolutely nervous with the fact that Mami knew what she had just thought.

- You thought you were going to stay with me in my room? - Mami looked back at her after opening the window, with a weird expression on her face.

- Damn, why do you have to do this to me, brain? - the brunette covered her face as she felt the heat rising on it. She heard Mami giggling, but didn't move her hands from her face yet.

- I thought you'd like to have space. - the blonde said, and just then Tomomi moved her fingers a bit so she could look at her. Mami giggled again with that, watching Tomomi's eyes staring at her in between her thin fingers - The house is big, so you can have your own room while you're here, and there's a closet and everything else.

- Right. Thank you, Mami, I appreciate this.

- My room is right next to this one if you need me during the night, don't worry about anything. - Tomomi just nodded, finally letting her hands drop from her face. She was indeed a little blushed, and Mami couldn't help thinking that was really adorable - Now, do you want to take a bath or something? I got that Haruna didn't really give you much time to do your stuff this morning.

- I'd love that. - Tomomi said it in such an eager tone that Mami let out a snort, and that caused the brunette to blush a bit more.

- Then just wait here for a moment, I'll go fill the ofuro for you.