II. Clairvoyance

"What? Who are you?" I demanded, voice slightly shaken. He grinned once more.

Intimidating me, he staunched one step towards me. I tried my best to look defiant and brave. It was only a guy. Ive encountered worse nightmares then his wildest dreams...right?

His deep voice slithered it's way out into my quaking instincts "But who are you? Such a troublesome little bird".

I quickly backed away again into a water fountain, now drawing attention. Annoyed by this, his face ran deeply dark in frustration. There was no way I was leaving with this stranger.

My instincts consistently screamed and raked at me to go. I rapidly turned to make my way towards the door at a sprint when I was swept off my feet.
"She said yes!" He shouted as peoples concerned faces were replaced with cheers and whoops.

Strong arms lifted me as if I was a feather, locked in place. Sudden swirls of warmth ran in circles under my skin where he gripped me.

As he ran the world seemed a blur with his speed, impossibly fast. Panicking, I tried to wrestle my way free without success. I squealed and screamed trying to claw at his face.
"Stop fussing girl. We need to get somewhere more private".  I looked up as our eyes met, mine consumed with confusion and fear. "Ho..how?!"

Blurs of buildings, highways, bushes and finally trees flew by us. I hadn't even noticed when we left the police station and here I was. In a situation so impossible it made me fit right in.

After what seemed minutes yet forever as if in a dream I finally gave in, soaking it all in. Strangely in this strangers grasp I felt the most secure and safe since the latest incident, so safe it scared me. Who was this guy?

It took me a few more seconds and a clearing of his throat to realise he'd stopped. We stood in a forest clearing, he was intently glaring at me not letting me down.

I started to scramble to aggressively free myself but he lowered me gently nonetheless. "Woah kitty"
"My names not kitty! Now who are you?!" I demanded.
"You know it's scary and creepy, but at the same time magnificent. I'd only heard about it in stories" the stranger replied, completely ignoring my question.

What was he talking about? Little did he know I could burn him down along with this forest in the swish of my fingertips.
"What?", I exhaled annoyed.
"Your eye, It has a crimson ring in it. It's legendary".

I staggered back shocked. How can he see that?! Nobody in my entire lifetime has ever seen my eye other than myself. It had once driven me so mad I tried to cut my eye as a child but was luckily stopped by my maid of the time. Thus obtaining a strange scar.

"Who are you?!" I demanded.
"Embrios are supposed to be extinct. Did you know? The whole clan was thought to be at least".
My heartbeat escalated quickly. I could feel my eyes widening in panic. He even knew what I was. This was bad, if anyone knows that it puts me in danger. Grave danger.

Witnessing my panic he walked towards me slowly arms raised as if in surrender. "Hey now, calm down. I don't mean to threaten you".

I was showing weakness. Calming down I firmly asked, "For the last time. Who are you? How do you know who I am? How do you know what I am?"
"Alright. Names Dice. I saw the towns ruins, it's not your fault you know. If anything you reminded me of a Phoenix. Your power is incredible".
I winced away. " Incredible?! What do you know?! It was all my fault! All of it" I exclaimed as tears accumulated.
"Okay I take that back I know nothing then", pity hidden in his voice.
"Don't you dare pity me. You don't even know me at al-"
"but I do. I mean I can see your eye at least. I've seen well uh.. never mind. I have clairvoyance you see." I walked towards him slowly, scanning his body for the clairvoyance mark. He seemed amused by this.
"I don't have a mark. My clairvoyance is triggered by words. It's a new development. Look I may not know you but I can tell you what I do know for sure".

His eyes glowed up light shiny blue and back again. Once again we met eyes. Placing his hand below my chin he guided my face up to look directly at him. "See. No more crimson".

I was completely lost for words. I had so many questions. But those foreign eyes..breaking off I finally opened my mouth.
"I could burn you to a crisp in a second. Did you know that?" I spat.
He chuckled softly.
"You aren't safe here embrios. This town. You can't trust anyone here".
"So why should I trust you? I just met you".
Shrugging, he moved one step closer till I could only just feel his breath brush my skin. I shivered slightly covering my neck with my hands from vulnerability and exposure.
"Well that's up to you now isn't it. We'd better go back then, find you a place to settle". He bent arms open looking up at me. "May I?"

Incredulously glaring at his hands I refused walking myself. "Your going the wrong way", he noted. I turned to return a snide comment when I was swept off my feet yet again.