Chapter 03: Ruins

Dark clouds covered the sky above the large city in the north. Numerous explosions followed by fire caused the entire city and local area to be surrounded by thick fog and black smoke. There was almost little to none that wasn't destroyed in the city which was amongst the four largest cities in the world. Before the people of the city could even process what was going on, they were already under heavy attack. At the time when the major called for help, it was already too late. Half of his precious city was in ruins and even if the military was to arrive it would be meaningless and too late. As the terror progressed, a lot of lives were lost at the hands of the unknown attackers who nobody could even see with their human eyes. At one moment there was an explosion at the other side of the city and then there was two more on the opposite. In only one hour, the entire North City and the nearby local area around it were completely demolished and covered in flames.

Even tho the entire city was swallowed in flames and in complete ruin, a young man walked through the demolished street while his black hair slowly swayed on the weak wind. The man wore only his blue boots and orange pants which were tied and secured by his blue sash. His muscular torso was covered in sweat as he continued walking through the city which he set on fire and destroyed. The light from the flames illuminated his well-built body and the smirk on his young face. Occasionally he would fire few ki blasts just for fun and watch how the flames grew in size. He was caught by the flames and just stared at the fire with his black eyes. As the flames devoured what little was left of the city, he felt a strange yet pleasurable sensation. He wanted more of that, he didn't want that sensation to disappear ever again and there was no one who could possibly take that away from him. With one hand over his face and the other high above his head, he burst into a laugh. His laugh echoed through the destroyed buildings for few short minutes after which he stopped.

After making contact with the ground, he instantly crossed his strong arms and began walking toward his accomplice. "I see you're enjoying yourself, brother." said the man whose long black hair waved in the wind. He stopped himself only couple meters away from the smaller man and once again spoke. "It wasn't as large as I thought it would be, but it took you only one hour to purge it to the ground. Well done Kakarot, you're going to be of good use after all." the man reopened his eyes and smiled while his younger brother was still facing the flames.

A few seconds later, the young saiyan turned around and with a devilish expression took a step forward. "You can't even fathom the amount of satisfaction I can feel right now. I want more of this, my blood demands it!" he raised his voice as he talked while closing both hands. Both of his eyes were wide open as he stared at closed hands and thought of nothing but to have fun and destroy another city.

"Hm, patience little brother. Even tho this planet is quite big and a lot of its surface is covered by cities and small towns, we still have to let at least half of it undamaged." his instruction didn't bid well with his younger brother, but after calming down for a bit and rethinking Kakarot agreed. Raditz turned around and before he took off into the sky he said one more thing. "Don't make a fuss over little things, Kakarot. You won't even have the time to think about that since you need to become stronger and we have a little less than a year. Plus, we have to prepare your son as well." there was an evident hint of irritation in his voice as he flew into the sky. The older saiyan wasn't sure if only one year would be enough for his weaker brother to grow stronger, let alone for a four-year-old half-breed who doesn't even know how to throw a punch. Raditz however quickly snapped from his current thoughts when he heard a loud noise.

Four military aircraft flew with top speed toward North City. After receiving the call from the major and after the given orders from their general, the four pilots were finally close to their designated location. The experienced pilots didn't allow the dark clouds to take them by surprise and just continued going forward. After they successfully penetrated the dark clouds, they were able to see the city in flames. Even tho they were soldiers, they couldn't hide the shocked expressions as they observed the destroyed city from their cockpit. The jet planes circled around the city couple of times so they could record everything with their cameras which were installed underneath the plane. Everything seemed fine for the time being, but out of nowhere, the other three pilots were able to hear a loud yell.