Chapter 5

"Done!" Donnie held up the small device that looked similar to his ooze tracker. "With this new Shock Rock scanner, we'll be able to scope out the rest of the city."

"Good job, Donnie," Leo said turning to the rest of the team. "Tonight, we make a thorough sweep. We don't want any of these things left on the street for civilians to find."

"But what about April?" Casey's asked. "I'm telling ya guys, something's up with her." Casey had been unable to find April after she had stormed off at lunch. She wouldn't answer her phone and she didn't respond to his texts, even the Turtles were getting a little worried.

"I've got her T-Phone's GPS location locked," Donnie said, pulling up a map of the city. April's T-Phone blipped on one of the streets. "We can check in on her while we search for Shock Rocks."

"Alright, then let's do this," Casey flipped down his hockey mask and twirled his stick in a move that would impress anyone. Or it would, if there was anyone who even remotely cared.

"Donnie, fire up the Shell Razor," Leo said. "We finish this tonight."

Oo-oO

"My lord," the well kept man addressed the monster in his chambers. "The Tagoos have landed and have proceeded to locate one we believe it to be the Guardian."

"Excellent," the Monster purred in his deep voice. "Show me a visual."

A two-dimensional holographic screen materialized in front of the Monster showing an image of a weak human, the dominant species on the planet. This human has vibrant ginger hair with a streak of white on one side, brilliant blue eyes, and was female.

"The Guardian has become a female?" the Monster questioned before laughing heartily. "Well, it was always said that the Hyper Vacuum leaves you changed forever. You are positive this is the Guardian?"

"This human is definitely radiating the Shard's power, although the signal is a little warped. But we are assuming that the Guardian's passage through the Hyper Vacuum may have altered his abilities slightly as well as his appearance. It could also be due to the passage through the time portal. We are dealing with an eight-thousand-year jump into the past across half the known universe."

"Show me the readings," the Monster demanded, suddenly skeptical of his underling's conclusions. The well kept man handed over a document and waited for his lord to come to the same conclusion as he. The well kept man was rather taken aback when his lord growled and threw the report on the ground in disgust. "This is not the Guardian! His power would not be this weak, even after being influenced by the Hyper Vacuum, especially with the Shard close at hand. But this female human has obviously come into contact with the Shard, has absorbed some of its power in some way. She interests me. Bring her here along with the boy. I wish to study her hold over the Shard's power."

"As you wish my lord," the well kept man gathered the documents scattered on the ground before excusing himself.

Oo-oO

Down on Earth, in the settlement known as New York City, Tagoos filtered through the streets, eager to please their lord and master. Surrounded by an energy field, these soldiers passed by civilians without being noticed. Only those with a high level of perception could overcome the effects of the shield, and these humans were quite lacking.

A report came in, a squadron had located the female human and were about to engage. A back-up squadron was assigned in case any complications should arise. Three other squadrons were left to search for the Guardian.

The Commanding Tagoo relaxed slightly in his pod that hovered over the city, directing the movements and actions of the squadrons. Everything was running smoothly, and with luck, they would have the female human within the night.