Life Isn't Perfect.

9:22 of Dragon: Aryanna is 2 years old

Maric and Cailan have watched Aryanna grow and she only got cuter. She was looking more and more like her mother. She's walking, she can talk some and she learning more each day. Cailan was growing into a fine young man, already almost 18 years old. Maric had a beautiful family and everything was perfect. Or at least he thought it was.

*********

Maric had brought Ary out the courtyard to play with her toys. He sat on a shaded bench and was looking over council orders. He couldn't believe they wanted to start Ary's queen training so soon. It's more than likely that she will never be queen here in Fereldan. Him and Cailan are in perfect health. Orlais should be coming by in a few years to start her empress training. He needed to get Cailan and speak to him about it. He called for a servant to fetch Cailan.

Aryanna had ran up to him holding a rock. "Dada! Dada!" She gave Maric the rock. He smiled at her. "Thank you Ary." She ran off back to her toys and he looked at the sky. It was cloudy and dark. He knew it was to rain today but he wished to bring Ary out before it did so. She hated Fereldan storms.

Cailan walked in casually and nodded at Maric when he glanced at him. Maric motioned him to come sit with him. Aryanna turned around and seen her big brother. "Cay! Cay!" She yelled running to him. He picked her up and she squealed when he spun her around. She kissed Cailan's cheek and he put her down.

Maric looked at Cailan with such sad eyes. "My son, your sister is to be next in line for Empress of Orlais. But as long as I'm alive they will never take her from us. It is our duty to protect her for she's doesn't know who she really is." Cailan nodded. "I know this father and I too will protect her. But father it is her destiny and if she takes throne we could create an alliance!" Cailan protested. "No!" He boomed. Aryanna jumped a bit and he apologized. "Celene has other plans for Aryanna, I am sure of it. They will try to kill her. And if we let them take her they could turn her against us."

As Cailan was about to speak a huge boom came from the sky. Aryanna screamed of terror and lightening came out of her hands. Cailan instantly looked at his father and the rain started to pour.

(A/N: I really like this story so far and I truly hope you do! Please let me know what you think! And apparently the next chapter doesn't load completely for some so I'm going to figure that out!)