Liar

Cullen quickly ran in his house with baby Aryanna Theirin. "Mom!Dad!" He yelled. His older sister quickly ran in the room. Her eyes grew wide when she spotted her worn out looking brother. "Where is everyone else?" He asked. "Mom and dad are working the farm, Branson and Rosalie went with today." She explained.

She walked closer to him and looked at the baby. She gasped and jumped back a little when she seen who the baby is. "Mia! I need help!" He exlaimed. "Cullen Stanton what are you doing with the royal daughter!?" She yelled. Cullen's eyes grew wide. "Ro-Royal daughter? Is that where all the knights came from?" She nodded. "The King himself is here!" He facepalmed himself and explained what happened.

Mia shook her head once he was done explaining. "Maybe if we take her back they will believe us." She took the baby from him and Aryanna tried to to grab Mia's earrings. Mia smiled and looked at Cullen. He shook his head. "They will have my head for this!"

Not a second later they heard yelling. "Where is my daughter?!" Cullen felt hit heart drop to his stomach. He knew what he had to do. He grabbed Aryanna and told Mia to stay here. Cullen slowly opened the door and a guard noticed him and yelled running at Cullen.

The guard took Aryanna away from Cullen and she started crying. He pointed his sword at Cullen's throat. "I found her an--" before he could finish his sentence he was cut off by the guard. "Liar!" The guard yelled. More guards gathered around along with townspeople. Cullen noticed his family looking. His mother was shocked and his dad looked bothered. He seen the Templars look at him in disgust.

Maric noticed the circle of people and ran up to them. Moving past people to the middle of the circle. He fell to his knees when he seen Ary in the guards arms. He was so relieved but she was crying and he was worried she was hurt. "What's going on here?" He boomed.

The guard explained how he seen Cullen with Aryanna. Still crying the guard went to take her back to Maric but he slipped on loose gravel. Falling but before Aryanna could hit the ground Cullen caught her. Everyone gasped and Maric stood up instantly.

Maric noticed she stopped crying and cooed when she looked at Cullen. He found this interesting. He looked around at his guards. "You mean to tell me one little boy stole my daughter from our room?" He asked skeptical. The guards didn't say anything. Cullen started to speak up and explain what happen but was cut off by the town's doctor. "He didn't do it my king." Everyone turned to look.

"I seem the whole thing. I had overheard Farmer Tylon talking to someone in the town barn but when I tried to get a closer look he was gone. So I followed him. I lost track of him and I assumed that was when he grabbed your daughter. I heard crying and I watched this brave young man slay a desire demon." Everyone gasped and the doctor only nodded. "I tried to approach him after he knocked out Tylon but he ran off. I assume he thought he was in trouble. I tied up Tylon in my office, he is still there for you to take back my king."

Maric was shocked to hear this news. He only nodded. "Cailan." He called out and Cailan came forward. "Take your sister back to the room with you right now. I want half my guards to go with." Maric watched as they left. He turned towards everyone else. "As for all of you I wish for you to go back to work. I need to speak to this young man alone."

He walked towards the Chantry and motioned for Cullen to follow. As he entered the Chantry a Templar came up to him trying to apologize. Maric put his hand up signaling him to hush. Maric looked at Cullen and he noticed the young boy looked tense but Maric only smiled at him. He watched as he calmed down.

" I owe you my life son. If anything had happened to my dear daughter I do believe I would never forgive myself." Cullen shifted under his king's gaze. "It was nothing sir, I was just doing my duty."

"Nonsense. You are a hero young boy." Maric bent down and hugged the young boy. Unsure of what to do, Cullen patted his back. Maric stood back up and smiled once again at Cullen.

"Do you wish to see her again?" He asked Cullen. "Oh no sir. I really shouldn't." Maric laughed. "It's fine boy. Come, let's go see her."

Cullen walked back to the inn along with Maric and his guards. He was nervous and surprised at how kind the king was. As they got to the royal room Maric motioned for him to go in first. He hesitated but the king gently put his hand on Cullen's back. Cullen walked in slowly looking with awe to see Aryanna sitting up giggling and bouncing to stay sat up. She looked at Cullen and smiled hugely.

Cullen couldn't help but smile back. "She's a liking for you Cullen." Maric told him. "She knows you're her savior." Cailan pick her up and handed Aryanna to Cullen. She grabbed his face and cooed at him. Everyone laughed. "Are you training to be a Templar?" Maric asked him. "Oh, yes sir. It is my dream." Maric nodded. "Well let's get you home."

Cullen handed Aryanna back to Cailan and followed Maric out. As Maric walked him to the door he was  handed a large sack of gold. Cullen looked shocked but Maric only laughed. "You have earned it young man. You saved my daughters life and will always be a hero to me. Stay safe." Cullen shook his hand and left.

The next morning the Theirin family got packed up and was getting ready to set off. Everyone gathered to say goodbye. Maric noticed Cullen again and hugged him once more. The crowd smiled at the sight knowing they truly had a hero in their town. Maric knew this wasn't going to be the last time he would see Cullen. He felt it and so did Aryanna. They finally set off to South Reach.