The Start Of It All

It's been 4 months since Marianne Velmont passed away. Maric had watched Aryanna smile, laugh, cry, roll over, and even sit up on her own once. She was his pride and joy, and Fereldan knew it too. He finally felt it was time to take her out to the world. In the morning time he would set out to visit his good friend Leonas Bryland, Arl of South Reach. It was going to be a long journey because he wished to avoid the Brecilian Forest. This would mean going southwest of Denerim and through Honnleath to go west to South Reach, it was the safest path and he wasn't going to endanger his family.

******

Marric woke up the next morning, crawled out of bed and walked towards his daughters crib. She was wiggling and gurgling and it instantly brought a smile to his face when her blue eyes lit up when she seen him. She started smiling once he picked her up, he kissed her forehead and he walked to his sons room.

He knocked loudly to wake Cailan up, he waited and then heard shuffling. Cailan smiled when he seen his little sister in his father's arms. "Cailan we are going to leave for South Reach today, I want Ary to meet Leonas. It's going to be a long ride for we are taking the safe route. We have a lot to get ready so go take your sister to one of the servants and have them feed her. I'm going to explain to them to get our stuff ready."

Cailan nodded and took his sister from his father. He loved his sister more than anything. He knew Anora would be upset but what his father says goes. It was super early so he knew his father had taken time to think about this trip. Cailan spotted a servant and called to her. "Father wishes you feed her, I have other matters to attend to." She smiled and took Aryanna.

*********

Maric had sent a messenger to South Reach to inform Bryson of their arrival. Loghain and Anora's arrival had been announced a short while ago and Maric was making his way to his throne room. He smiled when he seen his long time friend and shook his hand tightly, Loghain smiled back.

Maric sat down at his throne and looked at Loghain, whose smiled had disappeared. Maric raised his eye brows and he noticed his friend sigh. "Do you honestly think it's a wise decision to go to South Reach? Aryanna is still an infant and you know her heritage! I'm telling you this as a friend and I want you and your family to be safe. Plus Anora would give me hell if anything was to happen to Cailan." He explained to Maric.

Maric laughed at the last part and he noticed Loghain start to laugh. Once Maric calmed himself down he explained himself. No quicker than he could finish Cailan brought Aryanna in with Anora shortly behind him. He got off his throne to take his beautiful daughter out of his sons arms. He nodded and smiled at him and Anora both. "Father the carriage is ready and our stuff is packed. Ary has been changed and fed. It's time for us to leave." Cailan explained.

After the goodbyes were said the Theirin family climbed in the royal carriage. As they made their way through the marketplace Maric noticed women waving, men saluting, and children running along the carriage. It truly made Maric delighted and proud to know his daughter would grow up in this environment.

(A/N: PLEASE GIVE ME IDEAS FOR SONGS!!)