To Honnleath

Maric quickly scooped up the screaming Aryanna and ran inside followed by Cailan. They took her to the den and ordered the servants to get her warm clothes and towels. Cailan was about to speak but Maric shushed him.

After warming her up and setting her down in front of the fire place with her toys, Maric and Cailan sat in their chairs quietly watching Ary. "Father." Cailan called out. His father ignored him. "Father, you seen what happened out there!" He exlaimed. "Don't you know I know what this means Cailan! But we can't do anything about it right now! Your sister is special and I can't lose her!" He sternly said.

"Father this will ruin us." Maric glared at him. "I don't care what happens to our title. I care what happens to you and your sister. They will take her away and lock her up because she's a Mage! She is only two years old Cailan. Please." Maric looked at Cailan with saddened eyes. He knew what it meant and so did his father but he was right, he couldn't lose his sister. "Father what do we do? I don't want to lose her either."

Maric put his face in his hands and he felt tears drip off his face. He hid it so his son would not see his defeat. He looked up and look at his daughter. "Cailan watch your sister, I'm going to figure this out."

******
Cailan put Aryanna down for a nap and decided to go check on his father. As he made his way to the study he noticed the servants carrying bags and checking lists. He was confused but put aside for the moment. He knocked on the door and seen his father with his head down on his work desk. He knocked harder and Maric shot up.

"What's going on father?" Maric smiled and got up and ran to his son. "I've come up with a solution Cailan. I've got to go to South Reach but as soon as I get back everything will be better." I'm leaving soon and I need you to watch your sister. You're in charge my boy." Maric explained.

******

Maric said his goodbyes and gave his love to his children. He was upset to leave but he knew it was the only way. He wasn't going to lose his daughter because she was cursed. He walked up to the carriage. "To Honnleath." He announced and climbed in.

********

Maric was awoken by one of his knights. They had arrived at Honnleath but it looked to be in the middle of the night. He swore at himself knowing they should have left earlier.

He made his way to the Chantry for he didn't know where he was suppose to look. As he entered a Templar bowed before him, Maric stood him up. "I need to know where the Rutherford residence is." Maric explained to the young man. He gave him directions and he ventured forth.

Maric knocked loudly once. He waited and knocked again. He seen a light come on and heard footsteps at the door. An older gentleman, maybe a little older than Maric himself answered. He watched the eyes widen of the older man.

"Your Majesty! Please come in!" He spoke up at Maric. He smiled and walked in telling his knights to stay. Maric noticed a women behind the man. "Hello Mr.Rutherford." Maric spoke out. "Pl-please call me Dirth. And this is my wife Sonya." She smiled nervously and Maric smiled back. "What can we do for you this late?" Maric sighed. "I need to see Cullen."