The Hideous Truth

Cullen waited in the room with the Theirin children awaiting for Maric to return. Cullen looked over to see
ailan sitting down with Aryanna in his arms, rocking back and forth. It hurt so much to see Cailan like that, he truly loved his sister. Cullen felt he should have watched Aryanna better. He threw in face in his hands, he had no clue what was to happen to Ary.

Maric quickly paced to the den, wiping the sweat off his forehead. How could this happen? He couldn't lose Ary now, he worked so hard to keep her and he wasn't going to lose her now. He barged in the den, he noticed all eyes landed on him. "Cullen take Ary to bed and then I want you to retreat to your room. Please. I will have meals brought to you." Cullen looked at Maric in disbelief. How could he perform so normally. Maric looked untouched by what happened but Cullen nodded at him and took Ary away. "Same for you Cailan but I wish to speak to you after you eat." Maric sternly explained and Cailan only nodded.

******
Cullen had finished his meal and set the plate in the hallway beside his door. He went next door to check on Ary. Once he entered he noticed she had fallen asleep. She must be tired from the magic use. She seemed like a natural but Cullen always scolded her when she used it. He kissed her forehead and took her plate to the hallway.

As he shut the door he noticed Cailan leaving. He assumed to go speak to the king. Cullen casually went back to his bedroom and sat in his bed. He through his head back and closed his eye for a second. Instantaneously he got up and decided to go find Cailan.

He walked through the hallways and couldn't find him. Maybe he went back to his room Cullen thought. As he walked back to his room Cullen heard talking coming from the Throne room. He peaked through the crack of the door and listened.

"Does Aryanna have to leave father?" Cailan asked Maric. "What I'm about to tell you might frighten you son, but it was for the best. I will never put you or your sister in a dangerous environment but I had that elf executed." Maric looked at Cailan and his face was emotionless.

Cullen couldn't believe what he was hearing. He back away from the door and tried to recollect himself. "What are you doing?!" A guard had caught Cullen. Before Cullen could explain himself Maric was in the doorway looking at him.