Chapter 8: First Day of Work

Last night I slept amazing. It was also much easier getting up this morning.

I walked to this pen thing were Garrett told me to go. He was no where to be found. I thought he was going to be a no show. So I started my chores.

First, I cleaned the poo out of everywhere.

_____________2 hours later______________

Then, I checked each and every bucket of water. Only 5 needed a refill.

__________15 minutes later______________

I grabbed Tomahawk from the lower pen thing, and started grooming him. I got him almost done. Then Garrett decided to show up.

"Wow your up early!"

"What do you mean?"

"It's just now 5 am!"

"Are you kidding me?"

"Nope"

"Well all my chores are done except for grooming!"

"Nice! Once your done with Tomahawk take him with you and meet me in the round pen. Ok?"

"Got it."

As Garrett walked away I couldn't believe I got up too early. That's not me at all. Well whoops at least I got all my chores done first.

As I finished Tomahawk why do I need to bring Tomahawk and not another better horse. I still followed directions and brought. Following directions is a step up for me.

I entered the round pen, but this time Garrett was there.

"Why did I need to bring Tomahawk and not a horse like Ryan or Peaches?"

"Because you and that stud have a great connection. No one has never been able to brush or touch him without getting bit."

"Oh" I replied petting the newly groomed colt.

"Also you guys have almost identical past."

"What do you mean?"

"You guys both grew up without a mom. Except his mom died."

"Poor thing" I replied while hugging his neck.

"See I could never do that."

Garrett walked toward the colt and I could tell Tomahawk didn't like him at all. When Garrett reached for his shoulder the colt reared on his hind legs and striked out at him.

"Tomahawk NO!" I yelled "bad boy Garrett has done anything to you!"

"See he only likes you."

"I've never had anyone who liked me before not even an animal."

"What about your gang!"

"If they didn't pretend to like me I shot them, but here I feel welcomed."

"Well that's good. Not that you shot them but that you feel welcomed."

"I know. I never wanna go home now!"

"Nice!"