Chapter 5: First Night There

Garrett walked me to the kitchen in the small house. Even though it looked small on the outside the inside was another story. It was HUGE!!! The couches were all tan leather, the lamps were all designer, and I thought the ceiling would never end.

"Alright Terra here is the kitchen."

"The kitchen? It's more like a mansion kitchen!"

This girl walks up to us. I was to busy looking around and didn't notice.

"Oh Terra this is Anna our trainer, cook, and she helps pick up the house."

"Wow, so what's for dinner?"

"Uh, ribs with baked beans, squash, and potatoes on the side." (Anna)

"Alright that sounds great. I've never had a home cooked meal."

"Really? Well go have a seat it will be right out."

"Ok"

I walked over to the table in shock. Well shocked because I have never seen any of this before. EVER!!!

I sat at the spot that had my nametag on it. It was right next to Garrett's so I was happy! Very happy!

Anna walked out of the cooking area and set the food on the table. It looked delicious. I couldn't wait to dig in.

Garrett said prayer......

"God is great, God is good, Let us thank him for this food, Here we stand hand in hand, Blessed by the food in front of us, Amen!"

Then we all said.....

"Amen"

I have never done that back home, but it was cool and different. I think I will learn to like it real quick!"

Finally we got to dig in. No one said a word all we did was eat, eat, and eat some more.

After dinner Garrett walked me to my bunk. And told me good night.

It wasn't hard to drift asleep. Since these beds were COMFY.