Chapter 12: Medlin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HOPE YOU GUYS LOVED THE SUSPENSE! :) :) :) :) :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I reach down to grab the yelping animal, and start to think this is dangerous. Just then I remembered I used to run from cops, shoot people, and steal.  It couldn't be too bad.

I get my hand just around the fuzz ball, and pull it up realizing its a puppy. It was pit bull, that was all white with light brown spots all over. It also had greenish eyes. It was so cute.

I kept calling the puppy an it so I decided to check gender. I gently help the pup up and looked under........

"It's diffidently a male!"

I took it inside my shed since it was MINE.

I sat the pup on the bed. Laid back on the bed and let him crawl on me. I thought.....

"Well you need a name don't you?"

I thought for about 5 minutes

Spots, Marcus, Rio, Beethoven......

Then it finally hit me......

"Medlin!"

Medlin was the name of the pit bull I had back in New York.

The pup liked that name he cried out a little bark every time I said it.

I wondered if Garrett would mind if I kept him. I thought I would ask anyway, even if I couldn't he would go somewhere good. Then I remembered I have to ask the owner Jack too. I thought I would ask Garrett first.

I saw Garrett through my little window. He was at his shed working on a truck. I grabbed my back pack, put Medlin in it. I ran to the door, and then to Garrett. The whole way thinking sorry Medlin.

"Garrett?"

"What?"

"What do you think my chances are with a puppy getting to have one?"

'Pretty good since you've kept up with chores and training."

I then pulled Medlin out of my bag and said........

"Isn't he cute!"

"Where did you get him?"

"I found him next to my shed!"

"I think it is ok for you to keep him but ask 'The Headache' too."

"The Headache?"

"Jack"

"Oh ok!"

I walked away from Garrett and saw Jack sitting on the chair on the front porch. With Medlin still in my hands I ran over to Jack.

"Oh great what do we have here?"

"I found him in the brush. Can I keep him?"

"Uh let me think about it!"

"Ok!"