Chapter 27

After a good thirty minutes of being silent. I finally calmed down and Oliver decided to leave us two so we could talk.

"So...how's life doing?" she awkwardly start the conversation.

"Okay lang," I said while nodding. My mind was busy spacing out when a question suddenly pop inside my head out of nowhere.

"Wait, was kidnapping me also part of your plan?"

"What? What do you mean kidnapping?" she asked, baffled at my sudden question. I shut my eyes tight and I can feel all the blood surfacing on my face once again.

"They kidnapped me and I was so traumatized with that experience!" I complained and I saw how her eyes starts bulging out in shock.

"Oh my goodness! Wala ba silang binanggit sayo tungkol doon?" I asked her again and she just shook her head.

"No, nothing."

What? How could they?!

"That was what they did to me! That's also one of the reason why I was so angry earlier 'cause I thought that fcked-up kidnapping situation was part of the plan!" at ngayon malaman-laman kong hindi pala yon kasali sa plano!

"Wait, so are you telling me that those two kidnapped you instead of meeting you in a restaurant?" I nod my head furiously.

"Yes!"

"How could they do that?" she asked in disbelief and immediately fished for her phone to contact someone—my guess would be Oliver.

"Oh no, no. I will talk to him later about this. It's time for us to talk." she have no idea I was watching her for the whole time earlier including now.

"Oliver must be your boyfriend," that made her stopped to what she was doing and slowly lifted up her gaze to meet mine. I can see how tense she is.

I waited for her to answer but I guess, I should take the saying of silence means yes as her answer for now.

I squinted my eyes.

"Gotcha!" she's tense but she didn't deny it so...

"It's fine, I don't have any problem with Oliver. He's good but—wait..." I don't have any idea why my brain is functioning well this time. But I'd take that as a good thing.

"Don't tell me, you're using Oliver to spy me as well...?" I tiltled my head.

"Well..." she let out an exasperated sigh and I glared at her.

"How could you do that to your own cousin?" now, it's my turn to asked her in disbelief.

"I have to! Or else Tita would go ballistic—" she instantly shut her mouth even before she could finish her sentence.

Goodness! Too much revelation for a day! My brain couldn't take it anymore! I can't believe this!

Someday, someone would tell me that my life was a whole joke and I wouldn't even be surprise about it.

"So, I was worrying for nothing dahil alam din pala ni Mama ang mga nangyayari sakin!" I ranted out.

Si Mama lang lagi ang iniisip ko dahil nga wala siyang ibang kasama kundi ako lang. Pero dahil nga nandito ako kila Eusef, hindi ko maiwasang hindi mag aalala at buong akala kong nag-aalala din siya sakin.

"She's fine though. Bumibisita kami minsan sainyo but she prefer being alone—"

"Ay nako! Wag na wag niyong hahayaang mag isa yan si Mama...alam niyo namang..." I swallow the lump in my throat before proceeding as I avoid her intense gaze. "Mag-iiyak iyak lang yan siya pag mag isa." my voice quivered as I heard her heaved a deep sigh.