4~ flashback

"I need to go" I looked at him.

Sapphire's POV

I pushed myself away, I didn't want to be near him. I didn't want to be in this school. I didn't want to be breathe. But I was. I was here, near him. Near Luke. I was in the school. And I was breathing air I didn't want to be breathing.

Grabbing my bag, I picked up my math things and started to walk away.

"Oh hell no" there was a spat of air, before Luke pulled my arm back. Jerking it back, I looked at him. His eyes pierced back at me, cold, blue eyes. "All I do is try. Try, try, and try. Over and over. Then you push me away-" he started until I blanked out.

"Stop!" I screamed at him. He didn't stop he kept on walking. Leaving me. "Please!" I screamed harder, the tsars started to rush down my face. As I sniffed, wiping my eyes. He stopped to face me.

"I cant do it anymore" he choked on the air between each word.

"You're willing to give up everything. Us. Life. Love. Everything?!" I walked to him.

"I didn't want to hurt you-" he tried.

"You are youre hurting me" I spoke, his hand cupped my face wiping the tears away.

"This if what I do" he kissed my forehead. Pushing away from him, anger welding.

"You pack up and move?! I thought we had something!" I pounded at his chest. Harder and harder each time. He pulled my fists away from him.

"We do. We always will" he spoke. "When things get hard this is what I do-" he spoke in a calm voice.

"And you're not listening" he looked at me. My head pointed down at the ground. Luke let out a sigh, I could feel his gaze growing stronger. "I'd pay so much money to know what you're thinking" he spoke. I didn't say anything instead my anger was growing with him. Shuffling around I swung the bag over my shoulder and left the library.

Walking down the empty hallway, I could feel a breeze, it was strong, and it caused me to start shaking. Pulling my sleeves over my finger tips, I could hear loud stomps from behind me.

"Damn you" he spat the boy with the flat haired stopped me from moving much further.

"Luke please" I begged.

"Why cant you just let me in?" He asked adjusting his bag.

"Cause I dont want to" I looked at him, I started to move my feet, walking faster away from him.

"Where are you going?" He asked from behind me. Which turned into him walking besides me.

"Anywhere" I looked at him.

"Do you want a ride home-" he askes but I spat at him.

"No" my voice cracked.

****

The morning dew was still pressed to the window, I could slightly see my reflection. Luke's car smelt like him. A strong sent of jock. Looking at Luke I could see how happy he was. All he did was talk, talk and talk. Nothing but happy things. I admired that about him, cause I could never do it myself. I just didn't understand how he was so nice.

"Luke" I cut him off from his sentence. His attention snapped at me. "Why are you being nice to me?" I asked adjusting the sleeves on my sweater.

"Cause I see how everyone treats you... I'm not like that... Im not like Michael, Calum, or Ashton" he paused, my eyes started to roll to the back of my head. "No its not like how you're thinking!" He spoke.

He felt sorry for me. I looked at him once more before turning to the window. That's workers Ethan anything worse than pity. 

Minutes turned into hours. Hours turning into days. Thoughs days slowly turned into weeks. And what felt like weeks turned into months. Months of pain and regret. I couldve done more. I could have saved a friendship. I could have saved it but I shut everything out. I stooped my world. I turned off my reality. I sat in pain, sorrow and regret. Endless tears.

You know youre finished when you wake up one day and you see the world as a different place. You can't focus. Your surroundings turn into blurs. Your thoughts take over. You don't say much, and you constantly think. Think about everything. What you put into your body, what you do to your body, weather its cutting or causing yourself to vomit. Standing over a toilet for hours. Pushing your index and middle fingers down your throat. Everything changed.

A haulting stop pushed against the car. I looked at Luke who was smiling in joy.

"Well the breaks work" he giggled.

Turning my head to the dashboard I saw Luke's garage.

"Why are we here?" I asked. It came out in a rude tone, but it wasn't intended. But I wasn't going to apologize.

Tention framed between the two of us. My stomach started to grumble. Luke looked at me chewing his lip, he locked the car. Turning on the car he pulled away from his driveway.

"Now where are we going?" I asked looking at him, sighing as i pushed my bag on to the floor beneath me.

"We're gonna go to Ruby Tuesday, for food" he spoke. The word food started to dance in my head. I didn't want to eat.

"No, I'm not-" I tried but Luke spoke over me.

"When and what was the last thing you ate?" He spoke, with the tension growing.

"Yesterday-" he stopped me in the middle of the sentence with a laugh. I instantly looked down. I felt horrible about myself.

"Please don't lie to me" he spoke.

"I'm not hungry my stomach just hurts yknow?" I looked at him lying.