Sleepless Nights: Part 4

For once, you woke up before the red-haired man.

You laid there, nuzzled between his arm and chest, pressed firmly to him with your hand against his steadily beating heart.

You watched the way your hand rose and fell with every breath, deep and calming. Lifting your head to look at him, you were astonished at how incredible he was. The stress melted away and he looked carefree, a small smile caressing his lips.

You moved your hand off his heart and began to trace small shapes on his chest, dragging your fingers lightly. You felt a small shiver run through him but brushed it off, using the chilly room as an excuse. Because of this, you burrowed farther into the blankets and him, enjoying the smell that clung to him.

Still letting your fingers wander with a butterfly light touch, you looked back to his face, allowing a fond grin to appear. Gentle sunlight shone through his hair, creating a halo behind him and falling softly onto his skin. His lips, positively ravishing, were curled up and it made him look infinitely happier. His eyes were shut tight, thick eyelashes fluttering against his freckled cheeks.

How you adored his gorgeous freckles.

Sliding your hand up, dancing across his skin until you got to his jaw. You traced the outline with the tip of your finger, coming up to touch his lips. They were incredibly soft. With a feather light touch, you dragged your finger longingly around them, dipping down in his dimples and Cupid's bow. You followed, reaching the curly hair that was flopped into his face. Gently sliding your fingers through his mess of hair, you pushed it away to reveal the rest of his face.

The light filtered warmly through the window, glittering against various shiny objects in the room and allowing you to soak him in. You were absolutely delirious on him, his very presence affecting you like a drug.

Your hand continued its journey along his face, stopping again at his lips. You slid your finger around, touching so lightly it tickled him, based on the twitch of his nose. The arm wrapped around your shoulders and resting on your hip tightened, pulling you delightfully close.

You closed your eyes, fingers poised over his mouth as you drank him in, finding solace from being around him.  You lifted slightly, bringing your lips to his cheek.

“You are absolutely, incredibly, entirely, marvelous Mr. Scamamder.” Your lips ghosted over his skin, sending tingles through you. You felt drunk on him.

Suddenly, a metallic click filled the room and angry footsteps stomped down the hall. You jolted slightly, cheeks coloring in embarrassment.

From your abrupt movement, Newt began to rouse, gripping you closer and harder as a low groan slipped out of his lips. He tensed for a moment, stretching, and then he relaxed, his body hugging yours. Your face was pressed into the crook of his neck and his nose buried in your hair.

“Mmmh,” he groaned, voice gravelly and rough from sleep. The sound sent shivers down your spine and you glanced up at him, stunned to see his sleepy eyes staring down at you. He peeked at you through lashes and a lazy smile graced his lips.

“Morning, love,” he murmured, still cloudy from the haze of sleep. Another shudder ran through you and this time he noticed, curling around you.

“Are you cold, love?”

After a second's hesitation, you nodded softly, barely managing to maintain eye contact with him. He was still muddled from sleep and it gave him a confidence that was usually absent. It was intense and the peculiar look in his eyes didn't help.