Chapter 1: Believe in yourself

. . .

"BABA! I made it! I did it! Baba, you won't believe what happened today! It's the best day of my life!" Yusra came in shouting on the top of her lungs as she removed her shoes and hopped next to Yazan who was casually seated on the couch watching T.V

Seeing his darling daughter happy made his heart ease and chest swell with pride.

"What's up habibti?" He asked looking at her dearly.

"I got the scholarship from the fashion designing institute! I can't believe they loved the designs I submitted in the category of modest clothing wear for Arabs! I'm so happy baba!"

Yazan hugged his daughter in delight. "That's such great news. Barak Allahu feeki! I'm proud of you!"

A warm smile formed on his lips when his thoughts wandered to his other daughter Zohra. Shaking his head, he diverted his attention towards Yusra.

"Have you told Zohra about this? She would go crazy and keep the whole house on her head the moment she gets to know about this!" Yazan laughed.

"Oh yes, baba. I am yet to inform her but since you were the first person I saw as soon as I entered the house I couldn't resist telling you about it. I'm guessing she is upstairs in the room. I better inform her before it gets too late" She giggled. Her face beaming with happiness.

. . .

Two minutes weren't gone by when Yazan heard his daughters yelling at each other. Shaking his head and whispering, Ya Allah, grant me sabr  He walked upstairs.

"My Allah, ZOHRA! What have you done to my room?"

"Oh hello? Your room? IT'S OUR ROOM!"

"How do you even consider as our room when you don't even help a bit in cleaning it? But, when you have to mess things up, Zohra Shaykh is ever ready!" Yusra scoffed crossing her hands over her chest.

"I didn't mess it up. I was searching for something!"

"Yeah right and how did the clothes come out of the wardrobe? How did the books come out of the shelf and ZOHRA! MY MAKEUP!!!!" She yelled again to which Zohra rolled her eyes.

"I didn't even touch your makeup! Don't blame me!" Zohra threw her hands up in surrender.

"Don't you lie Zohra! You mean there's a jinni in the house who took my lipsticks out of this bag?"

"I said I didn't touch!"

"Oh, you did!"

"I didn't!"

"You did!"

"BABAAAAA" Yusra yelled

"BUBZYYYY" Zohra yelled after her.

"Ya Allah please bless this old man", He said as he reached their room.

"Baba I want another room! I can't tolerate this girl who keeps spoiling my room every other day!"

"It's not your room by the way! And why should she get a room? Bubzy, I want another room!"

"I'm elder than you! So I will get a room!" Yusra argued.

"Coming to this earth just 1 minute and 20 seconds before me doesn't make you elder" Zohra scoffed.

"Baba! How are we even sisters?"

"I wonder the same" Yazan muttered under his breath as he massaged his forehead. 

"What?" Zohra and Yusra said in collision.