Girl Meets Forgotten

Cori

Chapter 9: Girl Meets Forgotten ||

Song of Chapter: Feels Like Home by Sigma

"Cori, get up." Mom said at my room door, "time for school sweetheart."

"No," I mumbled rolling over, covering my face and thinking about last night. After Lucas and I had caught my mom and Jill kissing, things had been kind of hectic... kind of. Jill took Lucas home and mom hasn't talked to me since. "Just please let me sleep."

"You weren't worrying about sleepin' when you were staring at that boy last night." She said slyly, I could hear the smile in her voice. I looked up from my bed towards her. "All starry-eyed."

"Ha! What about you ma'am?" I asked her laughing, she had already started to blush, "what's going on with y'all?"

"Nothing," she said, sitting on the edge of my bed and playing with my covers before looking at me, she had the expression of someone in love, "yet."

"What? Yet?" I asked finally sitting up, I was definitely awake now, "I like yet, yet is good. Yet is great!"

"How about this," She laid down, her head on my lap. "I'll tell you more about us if you tell me about you and Lucas." She said, "but after you shower now get!"

I signed at her, "fine."

"Yay! I'm so excited that I'll even drive you to school." She said clapping her hands.

_

We had been driving for around 5 minutes and no one was talking yet, and if I knew my mom and I think I do, if someone doesn't start the conversation for her, it won't happen. I had to take the reins of the conversation, "so, tell me it happened?" I asked looking at her.

"Well, I don't know actually." She said smiling at the road, the smile I only ever see, my favorite smile.

I laughed slightly, "what do ya mean, you don't know?" I asked smiling at my mother's happiness.

"Well, she is the one who pointed out the way you were staring at Lucas, she said it reminded her of growing up and discovering first love. She brought to the window and we stared at you two for a while before she grabbed my hands and lead me to the couch." My mom said to me, and I could tell that the good part was coming up because the story was just so dreamy. "She sat me down and she told me she loved me and, and I swear I started to cry—"

"Why?" I asked cutting her off, I was confused at why she would cry at this, she rarely does.

"Because," she said stopping at my school and turning towards me, "I'd been waiting to hear those words for 12 years' baby."

"Oh, my gosh

"Oh, my gosh." I said, now I had tears building up in my eyes, "that's so gross."

"Well, don't go crying now." She said to me wiping her tears, then mine. "I love you, baby girl."