8 // To Hate Or To Love

"No! Never! I cannot like my enemy's daughter! Never!", Veer told himself and walked down to go for work. Although his mind was completely occupied with her thoughts he knew how to stop them from taking over him.

It was afternoon, I hadn't gone for work today, it was my rest day. I was seated in my bedroom when Jaanvi walked in.
"Hi Shaurya! ", she entered and said.
She walked up to my side and sat on the bed.
" Hi! ", I said thinking about something else.
" What is wrong? ", she said noticing my behavior.
" I was thinking about Veer and Shweta. Are they gonna hate each other till the end of their lives? ", I said quiet worried.
" Oh I see. So that's what is bothering you. Don't worry Shaurya, when Jaanvi is here you don't have to fear. ", Jaanvi said and stood up and walked out of the room.
" What on earth will she do now? ", I thought to myself and went back to my thoughts.

That night Jaanvi came into my room and said,
" Shaurya go and tell Shweta that your grandmother will be here, so she has to act as if she is in love with Veer, explain this to her. Now go! "
" Is grandma really coming? ", I asked eagerly.
" Yes! Now go! ", she replied.

I did as I was told and thankfully I was able to convince Shweta.
While I was here convincing Shweta mom had gone to Veer's room and explained all it to him. I didn't get what they had to do but I knew when Jaanvi had taken responsibility she would do something. After all she was forever the Smarty Queen, as she would call herself.

Next day my grandma came. She was a old woman them but as active as any other young lady. Humorous and in Veer's words, Cute.
Veer went and touched her feet first.
Shweta was standing behind.
"Come here, dear. ", Grandma called her.
She came towards her and touched her feet.
" So you are my Veer's wife? ", she asked.
Shweta just nodded her head to a yes.

" Well, Veer I am here for some reason. Actually I had taken a mannat or a promise that if we ever get our Estates back then my grandson, Shaurya along with his wife would climb up the stairs to the Holy temple but as Shaurya is not married you have to do it Veer. ", she said.
" But yes.. "she continued," You have to hold Shweta in your arms and climb up the stairs.. "
" What?! ", Veer bluttered out before grandma could complete.
" Grandma, I- I can't. I will have a body ache and look at her once, she is just so heavy for me! I mean just imagine grandma, like I am not so strong to pick up a girl as heavy as a sack of potatoes. I'm sorry.. ", Veer said.
" Excuse me! What did you say?! What on earth are you Mr. I'm - very - fit?! ", Shweta said in rebellion.
"Of course I am very fit! Fitter than you. You are forever eating !",Veer said.
" Okay. Now stop it. ", Mom interrupted their fight.
" Don't worry Veer. You will be able to go up. ", mom looked at Veer and said.
" Okay mom. I'll try. ", Veer said sadly because he knew how high that 'holy temple' of grandma is. He had to climb around seventy stairs with Shweta help up in his arms.
'Such a disgusting thing to do!", he thought to himself.

Next morning he and Shweta got up early and got ready. Earlier both stayed in different rooms but now as grandma had come, and they didn't want her to know anything about their great rivalry, they ended up staying in the same room.

Shweta on the bed and Veer on the sofa.
We went to the temple the Rolls Royce that Veer had newly bought. The temple was significantly higher than any other.
But well Veer didn't have a choice and he climbed up with a lot of pain. Shweta could also notice it. Veer hadn't done anything as such earlier. He was drenched in sweat when he reached up. He let Shweta down and knelt on the ground. He couldn't take the pain anymore just then a tear escaped in eye. Shweta too bend down rubbing off his sweat with the edge of her saree. Veer looked at her in disbelief.

Why was his enemy's daughter doing this for him?

He slowly got up and so did Shweta. Both of them walked up to the God's Idol and prayed. Then the priest gave them prasad or the Holy sweet from the idol's feet. Both of them had it and walked down, where we stood waiting for them.

While they were walking down the stairs, I noticed that both of them speaking to each other! That too normally!
Just then Jaanvi poked me and said,
"So, my idea worked Shaurya. "
" Yes maybe. But not for long until again they start hating each other. ", I replied with a sigh.

We were soon back home.
Veer and Shweta were just too tired to do anything else so both of them went to their room without a second thought.
Well, did I mention that because of grandma's presence both of them had to stay in the same room? Well, yes. They had to and certainly weren't happy about it.
As soon as Veer reached the room he laid down on the bed. Shweta started opening her heavy earrings.

Veer begun,
"Tell me something, what on earth do you eat? You are just too heavy for a human being!I am having a severe body ache because of you!"

"Can't you just keep your mouth shut, Mr. Veer?", Shweta replied disgusted of him teasing her. Veer had been teasing her all the way back from the temple.

Next morning Grandma had got all of us called on to the dining room early. I was siting in my usual seat.I suddenly noticed Jaanvi come down the stairs in a red saree, first time in her lifetime. She came and sat beside me.

"Great Jaanvi! It seems like you are learning to be a lady!",saying so I started laughing keeping my voice low. Just then grandma came into the scene. All of us got up from our seats. Shweta was present but somehow Veer was missing.

"Settle down everyone.", Grandma said. All of us sat. "Well, I asked all of you to come here because I had to tell you something important.", all of us listened carefully, " Tomorrow is Veer's birthday."

...

Good daysssssss❤️
Don't forget to vote and comment!