16 // Lovers Once, In Love Forever

After a while Shweta returned still feeling shy.
" I'm sorry. I don't know what I said.", while saying so she was lying down on the bed beside Veer who still sat confused about his emotions and how was he to react.
" Hey, disgusting person, what's wrong? Somebody else told you that you are disgusting, or what?! ", Saying so Shweta started laughing but Veer didn't even have the slightest bit of smile.

Millions of thoughts, questions everything started whizzing up and down his brain.
If Shweta loved Veer then why did Rakesh say that she loved him?! Was it a lie?! But then why?!
" Hey!", Shweta said shaking Veer by his arm.
" Um..yes-yes what happened?", Veer said slowly, confused.
" Exactly.", Shweta said concerned. She herself didn't know why she was concerned but all she knew that she was.

" Nothing.", Veer replied inattentively.
Shweta caught hold of his shirt's collar from behind and pulled him backwards. He fell onto the bed. Veer turned and sat up, this time looking at Shweta angrily.

"You want to kill me or what?! ", he said.
" Can't you see.. I am not the slightest interested in wearing white sarees for the rest of my life. ", she said and turned back to sleep.
Veer laid down quietly, thoughtful as ever and soon fell asleep.

Next morning, Veer woke up to see that Shweta was still sleeping peacefully. He didn't want to disturb her therefore he walked into the bathroom to get freshen up. When he came out he saw that Shweta had left.

Seeing her absence he quickly went, got his t-shirt and boxers and towel for bathing. But well, all thanks to his greatness he forgot to lock the door.

Shweta had gone down for breakfast which Veer usually didn't attend. While she was returning she took his breakfast and walked into their room. She had just kept the plate on the table when she noticed Veer, he had taken his bath and thankfully had worn his clothes but of course his door which was slightly open when he had entered and opened quite enough for anyone to look at the person standing his front of the large mirror and adorning himself.

Shweta gasped as she noticed her husband, the same man with no beard, no spectacles, Nothing. Just himself, just Veer. He hadn't wore any of them because he thought there was no one.

Veer hadn't noticed anyone staring. He slowly walked out of the bathroom wipping his head when he noticed Shweta, tears running down her eyes, staring at him.

"Let's me explain Shweta!", Veer said holding her by her shoulders. There was a misunderstanding and nothing else.
" I don't wanna hear anything! You are disgusting, irritating, heartless, everything! ", Shweta said her voice was numb.
" Sshh. ", Veer said pulling her close to himself. Hugging her.
" You know I hate you! ", Shweta said innocently.
Veer smiled for a while and said,
" I know.. And I love you too. "
" Be quite! Liar! ", Shweta replied.
" Same to you. ", Veer replied still holding her close to himself, hugging her.

Just then, well spoiling the moment, I called onto Veer.
" Ya.. Coming Shaurya! ", Veer said.
Then letting Shweta loose he said rubbing his tears,
" We'll talk later. Okay? "
And started leaving when Shweta caught his hand from behind.
" When? ", she asked softly.
" Whenever you would like to.. ", Veer replied with a smile looking at her as he slowly planted a kiss on her forehead.

Shweta left his hand and he wore his pyjamas and walked into my room.
I was standing with Vishal Khanna, Veer had wore his French beard and Spectacles.
" What happened? ", Veer asked seeing us in some tension.
" Veer, I have got a letter from the court to return Akhilesh Khanna the Chauhan Enterprises. ", I replied tensed.
" How can he ask for it at all? It's only and only ours! ", Veer said disgusted.
" Can't help it Mr. Vikram. ", Vishal said unaware of him being Veer.

Veer looked up through the window behind me, in intense thought. He usually did this when he was tensed or worried.
" Jaanvi. ", Veer said at last.
" Jaanvi? ", I asked Veer confused. I was already done with her, I didn't have anymore love or interest in her.
" Yes. Jaanvi is the only person who can help us in such a situation. ", Veer said.
" But how? And why would she even help us? ", Vishal asked not getting Veer's point.
" She will. I know how. ", Veer continued,
" Shiv ", he said addressing me,
" Meet me in my room tonight. I have a meeting to attend. "
Saying so Veer left the room.
I and Vishal gave each other a confused look and then looked at Veer leaving.

When Veer reached his room after all day's work he opened the door to find Shweta in a red saree with the room darkened and only candles illuminating the room. Shweta was  looking too beautiful for Veer to resist. Veer blushed deeply at her sight.

" What-What's wrong with you? ", Veer asked fumbling.
Shweta walked up to him slowly, Veer's heart was pounding in his chest unable to understand what was Shweta up to.
" Nothing. ", she said softly holding Veer's blazer, making him blush more deeply.
She came closer to him and said,
" This is the way you confess love Mr. Chauhan. "
" That-That's quite good. ", Veer babled unable to realise or understand how he should react.

"Why do you think, you are shy, Mr. Chauhan?", Shweta said coming closer to Veer who was now beet red.
He had begun to feel Shweta's intentions and so he was holding her hands from below tightly and pulling her even closer,
" Who said I was shy? "
Shweta freed herself from him. She slowly walked up to the numerous candles which were lit up in the room already making the room's view more beautiful.
She picked up one candle stand with two candles and walked up to Veer.
" I say that you are shy. ", she said bringing the lit candles between both of them, holding the candle stand in one hand.
Veer caught the hand with the candle stand tightly and with the other hand took the candle stand from her and kept it on the table behind.
" What do you want to do, huh? ", Veer asked mischievously.
" What do you think Mr. Veer Chauhan? ", she replied in the same way.

Veer caught her by her waist and pulled her close to him.
" Something that is not ought to be done by enemies. ", he said.
Shweta hugged him and went close to his ear and said in a soft whisper,
" And who said that I was your enemy? "
" Hmm, so you love me? Do you? ", Veer asked with a grin.
" Oh Yes. I love you Veer Chauhan! ", she said releasing Veer and held his hand lightly and took him to the bed.
" Shweta won't it be good if you let me sleep? ", Veer said in a way as if nothing had happened.
" Oh yes, why not. ", Shweta said and started opening Veer's blazer.
" Thank you. ", Veer whispered.
" Welcome. ", came the whisper.
Veer sat on the bed and Shweta stood in front of him
She went close to Veer holding his shirt.
" Why not come closer, Veer? ", Shweta asked mischievously.
" Of course.. ", Veer replied with a wicked grin.