12 // Maybe The Last Meeting

Veer soon reached the room in which Shweta was locked. He slowly opened the door.
"Please let me go.. I have not done anything.. Please..", Sheets said softly siting in a corner of the her legs pulled up to herself and are face dug within it.  She looked scared, very scared.

Veer moved into the room and shut the door behind.
"Please, Please leave me! ", Shweta said in a pleading voice.
Veer walked up near to her, knelt in front of her and said in a low whisper, " Shweta.. It's me. "
At this Shweta looked up. She hastily wiped off her tears. Her eyes were swollen. There were belt marks on her hands and neck.
" Veer! ", she said in some relief.
Saying so she hugged Veer tightly as though her life relied on which, which was not very far from the truth.
After a while she slowly rubbed off her tears and released him.
"Veer you must leave now. It is too dangerous for you to be here.", she said returning to her composure.
" I can't! "
" Why?! ", she said in dismay.
"I-I cannot leave you, everyone here this way and go. ", He said looking at her teary eyes.
She slowly raised her bruised hand to his face and while rubbing off a tear she said,
"You must leave now Veer. You must.
You have to get out of here. You have to save everyone and for that I'll have to get out of all this. But I am sure you will return. You will return the way you do every time, like a hero. ",
Shweta said even though it hurts her she knew there was no other way.
"I cannot leave you in this state.",  Veer said as tears flowed down his eyes continuously. He himself didn't know why he was meeting her when he knew it could be his very last moment but somewhere it comforted him. Her company comforted him.

Veer slowly stood up as Shweta too stood up with his help.
"Will this be the last time we meet?", Veer asked her, his voice quivering for the first time.
" Maybe. ", Shweta said looking at him as though she was loosing the only thing she had.
"I will miss you.", He couldn't help but say.
"Same here.", She replied finding no appropriate words to describe her feelings at the moment.

Just then the door opened to the dismay of both of them.
It was Akhilesh!
Veer stepped back a few steps.
" YOU?! ", Akhilesh shouted.
" Yes. ", Veer replied trying to be strong enough to answer Akhilesh immediately putting his strong coat over his weak side.
" Oh, so you are the reason why my daughter is going against me! You must be punished!", Saying so Akhilesh edged forward towards him as he stood firmly in his place.

" Hopefully. At least she is realising the fact that her father is nothing more than a criminal. ", Veer replied.
"Oh really? Guards catch hold of him!", Akhilesh shouted.
Veer exactly knew what he had to do.
In a fraction of second he turned back towards the door and ran in full speed. He ran down the stairs as fast as possible.
As Akhilesh abd his guards realized what had happened Akhikesh went to the balcony and shouted at his guards,
" CATCH HIM! "
The guards ran behind Veer.
Veer soon returned through the back door. The guards were still behind him. I was standing there waiting for him. I had asked Jaanvi to leave as Akhilesh could get suspicious.
As I saw Veer run out I realized something had gone wrong. I too started running along with him.

Both of us ran as fast as possible. Veer was getting out of breath. He couldn't run anymore but we didn't have a choice, did we? I wanted to stop but neither he nor could I stop to catch up our breath.

Just then a guard took out his revolver and aimed! The bullet went and painfully struck against Veer's left arm. He growled in pain, but he couldn't stop. He held his injured arm with his right arm and kept running. We ran into the garden nearby and hid behind a bench.
Veer was in pain, a lot of pain. The blood was flowing mercilessly and there seemed to be no way out. He pulled out his handkerchief from his pocket quietly and somehow wrapped it around the wound. I sat helpless seeing no way to help him out. Soon the guards came, inspected and left hoping that Veer was dead.

After they left I looked at Veer. His breath had turned heavy.
His blood was flowing incessantly. Would he be alive to see the next day or....

                              ______

Many months past after that.
Akhilesh was still enjoying his great Victory.
He had made mom work as his maid. He couldn't have been happier to find his 'so called' estate 'restored' back to him as he had declared the Chauhan brothers to be dead
He wanted to get his daughters married, again so that he didn't have to remember anything about Veer and me.

Shweta was always against it but her dad didn't bother about her decision.
Jaanvi as intelligent as ever had said that she was ready to marry.
But whenever anybody came to speak in context of marriage to her she somehow made them leave. It was around six months now, a long time. Nobody had any information about Veer and me.
Akhilesh had declared us dead.
He was in search of gentlemen for his daughters. The type of men who would do everything that would make Akhilesh feel better

Shweta had told her father that if she was going to marry anyone again it would be Veer only, nobody else!
And as of Jaanvi, she knew she wasn't marring anybody selected by her dad because she too had feelings for somebody who wasn't there.

Akhilesh knew that their wishes were not going to be fulfilled.. And maybe he was true also, but who knew what would come up next in their lives?