yetmoreprompts

Prompt:  Even after death, she loved her. She waited patiently, always watching over her until it was her time to pass on, and when she did, she was there. She held her close and wiped her tears and reminded her that she had always been there, just like she promised.

It had been fifty-seven long years without her, and every day hurt more than the last. Yes, she had found others, she had loved, and loved, and loved until she couldn't love anymore. Even then, she continued to love. She had been surrounded by loved ones when she died, leaving each person– some wrinkled and old, others still as young as she remembered them– with a heartache to nurse for years to come; and it hurt.

But then she saw her. The same person that left her at their ripe age of 18, and she cried. She was always the more emotional of the two.

"I told you I'd wait, women." Glimmering brown eyes sparkled as stormcloud ones flickered through tears. "You look old."

"Fifty-seven years does that to a person." She laughed, crushing the other into a tight hug. "Gods I missed you."

"I missed you too." She murmured, hugging back just as tightly. Now, all they had to do was wait for others to join them, and they could finally all be together.