Book 2? Sneak peak

Chris's P.O.V

I picked up Mia in front of her school per request of mom after I got off from work, I worked at the public library just down the street from the elementary so it wasn't any trouble to get her. "How was your day?" I queried as Mia buckled in and threw her backpack in the back seat. "It's school, Kendal made fun of my clothes but she's just jealous of my awesomeness!" I smirked at her optimism, Mia was definitely one of a kind. She was wearing a graphic t-shirt with a Chihuahua and cat wearing kimonos that said *Kon'ichihuahua* and *Arigato* it was one of her favorite shirts. I got it for on her 10th birthday last month, she loved it and now she wears it as often as she can. "Well don't let Kendal bother you, you're epic just like me" I laughed pulling out of the pick up lane onto the street, we listened to the radio on the trip home. When we turned onto our street something didn't feel right, I pulled up in the driveway and turned off the engine. Mia was already unbuckled and grabbing her bag out of the back, I climbed out of the drivers seat and walked up to the front door with her to unlock it.

I opened the door and Mia whipped past me like the flash, it still felt like something was off though. "Mom!" Mia screamed from the kitchen, my body moved on its own and next thing I know I'm standing in the kitchen right behind Mia's shaking form. A tall man had mom in a choke hold with a gun pressed against her head, there were tears sliding down moms face and she was terrified. "Stand back and nobody has to get hurt!" The guy said pointing the gun at Mia and I, I wrapped my arm around Mia and pulled her back against me. I tried to take in as much of him as I could hoping that I could give a good detailed description to the police later on, dad always told me to try and defuse any kind of hostile situation but I don't think this guy is going to listen. "What do you want? We don't have much money in the house and the most valuable thing here would be the TV." I said trying to stay calm and reason with him, maybe if I can find out what he wants then he'll leave us unharmed? 'pfftt yeah right, he's either going to kill us all or is really stupid since he's not wearing a mask..' I thought."You both should have been mine.." The guy hissed tightening his grip around mom's throat.

A/N: GUYS! Thank you so much for all the support I've received on this book! To be completely honest I never intended this book to happen, I was showing my friend how to write on Wattpad and I started a draft that turned into a little something more. But never the less thank you all for following this story thus far, I'm not entirely sure on the release date for book two yet. Hopefully I can get it out sometime this year and make it longer than this one, until then I hope you all enjoyed this book!

~Maddie