Chapter Three

Jazmine was sitting on the porch when Paul's patrol ended. She had her head rested on Embry's shoulder and her hands shook with the anger that was stuck in her body.

"Hey, how did things go?" Paul asked carefully and Jazmine blinked up at him.

"You need to call Rebekah, she has something to talk to you about." Jazmine sighed and Paul looked to Embry who avoided his gaze.

"You're my priority, are you okay?" Paul asked and Jazmine sighed again. She was trying not to get angry. It was enough that he had slept with Rebekah but now she was about to give him something Jazmine would never be able to.

Paul hesitated before making his way inside and Jazmine listened to the conversation with a heavy heart. She wanted to meet up, she couldn't say this over the phone. He didn't want to.

"Just go meet up with her." Jazmine sighed and listened to Paul finally concede to her wishes and promised to be there in the next twenty minutes.

"You want to come with?" Paul asked and Jazmine shook her head.

"Nah, I'm gonna head over to Sam's." She said. Paul nodded and dipped down to kiss her but she turned her head away so he only caught her cheek.

"I love you." He whispered.

"I love you more." She replied robotically.

"And I love you most." He promised and she nodded. She watched him leave and then turned to Embry and began to cry all over again.

/\/\/\/\/\/\

"How do we know it's his? All wolves might be sterile." Jared said and everyone stared at him in confusion.

"Your grandfather was a wolf idiot." Jacob snapped and Jared nodded.

"Never mind me then." He said.

"How far along is she?" Sam asked carefully.

"She said seven months, just before Paul phased." Jazmine shrugged and Sam covered his face.

"Fucking hell, why couldn't he just keep it covered?" Embry sighed and Jazmine rubbed her face just as Paul's truck pulled onto the drive.

He arrived in the doorway looking pale and as if he'd been crying.

"Jaz, I'm so sorry." He whispered and Jazmine shrugged.

"You didn't know you were bound to me for eternity." She stared at the table because it hurt too much to look at him.

"We didn't- it wasn't- none of this was planned." Paul sighed in exasperation.

"I know. But now it's here and you have to deal with it. It's your child." Jazmine shrugged.

"Rebekah's thinking of adoption." Paul tried uselessly.

"Like you would, you'd hate yourself. You'd never get another chance to have a child after this one." Jazmine could only hear breathing before she sighed.

"I've got your patrol, Embry." Jazmine sighed and made her way out to the back yard. She passed Leah who turned right around and followed Jazmine into the woods.

"I patrol for three hours and someone makes you cry?" Leah asked in shock and Jazmine shrugged.

"A lot has happened," Jazmine admitted and Leah began getting ready to phase.

"Good, I'll do this patrol with you. That's loads of time to catch me up."

/\/\/\/\/\/\

Jazmine was bone weary by the time she phased back. She had made plans with her dad and Charlie for dinner and she had no plans on canceling so she phased by her dad's house and let herself in.