22.Helplessness(III)

Two weeks had passed.

Kabira's wounds had turned yellowish and were fading. James had moved out of his own room, letting her enjoy the warmth of his bed. After that day, James had never visited her for a single moment.

Even now, after so many days, just the thought of how his lingering touch had felt against her own bare skin, had a shiver crawl down her spine.

In a good way...

She had already accepted defeat. There were only two things that she could do – deny it and hate herself whenever denying her obvious attraction towards him became impossible... or accept and work towards controlling it and her actions around him and his minions.

She had opted for the latter option.

"Ms. Davis."

The maid's voice made her look away from the wounds on her wrists.

"Mr. Stevens wants you to meet him at the Great Hall. It's urgent."

-x-x-x-x-x-x-

"Snake, my child - "

"Is fine SS."

SS sighed. He signed the contract with his shaking hand and handed it over to the smirking Snake.

"Good to see you are still in your senses," James taunted.

He looked away. His hands and legs were been tied - both literally and metaphorically.

He could only hope that when time came, he would be forgiven.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-

She slowly walked past the maid and through the opened door into his office. The walls were painted black and white. Not that she complained. She didn't know why some people considered black and white combination as boring. Yes, red and black looked even more gorgeous but that's for one's bedroom not office.

As her eyes gave a once over to the room, few things or even more specifically, few people caught her notice.

"Sit," James motioned towards a chair.

She narrowed her eyes. She felt an uncontrollable urge to defy him. It was a simple order but an order nonetheless. Therefore, no matter how childish it appeared she had no interest in giving him what he wanted that easily. She crossed her arms across her chest and widened her stance.

"You called for it," he said with a gleam in his eyes.

In a flash, he was standing in front of her. His eyes darted towards one of his men for a second before they were back on her. Kabira tensed her muscles for whatever plans he had.

They stood motionless for a few tensed seconds......

Then all of a sudden, he pushed her.

She closed her eyes and braced herself for the pain. However, instead of the cold marble floor, she felt cool leather cushion her fall.

A chair.

That bastard.

They took the moment of surprise and tied her hands to the handles of the chair. She gave them a light tug.

Sighing, she turned towards him, "What now Stevens?"

Instead of answering her question, James took out a microchip and held it in front of her eyes.

"Recognize this?"

She narrowed her eyes with confusion. It gave her a distant warning bell but she could not quite grasp it.

"Guess not," he smirked, "It's a tracker."

Three words. That's all it took for him to blow out any hope of escaping. She started thrashing and struggling against her restraints. Once the tracker was inside, she could kiss goodbye to all her hopes.

James simply motioned the doctor to start his job.

"Stop thrashing. You know it's useless," he rolled his eyes when he saw how his words had no affect on her. And what's more, she had even loosened the rope restraining her left hand.

Fvcking useless men!

Kabira was so focused on freeing her hands that she didn't notice his hands. In a blink of an eye, he had her jaws in a death grip while another hand pressed her left hand down.

His eyes sparkled with amusement. "I think your mother is craving for another bullet" he said in a calm tone.

He slowly took a strand of her hair and twirled it, making her stiffen with disgust, "It can track you up to 30 miles radius. So. Don't. Even. Think. Of. Escaping."

He slowly straightened up, without breaking eye contact with her.

And the whole time, when the knife dug into the skin of her left hand, when the tracker was pushed inside, neither did she.

A/N:

All right! That's the update for the week. Can anyone guess what will happen next?

Anyone?

No?

Ok! *Sighs*

Then wait for the next update my weirdoes!!

Till then

Vote

Comment

Share

Bye!! :)