six

"DINNER." ELIZABETH chirped suddenly, her eyes a new shade, a shade that for the first time in his life, Moriarty could not identify. He watched as her slim figure jumped up from the chair, leaving the pillows behind slightly crushed. She gave him a little grin and picked up her blazer from the back of her chair, turning to do so. With her back to him, James took the opportunity to let out a long, quiet breath unnoticed; he was in another battle of curiosity and danger-the great Jim Moriarty.

Jim would never leave this woman until he figured out exactly what it was about her that kept him pulling him back to her. Even as he played his taunting little game, he knew he should keep Elizabeth as far away from him as possible. People don't affect him. But he was not a man to be restricted. "You can pick me up at eight." She called, sauntering to the door she came from with the largest dose of false confidence she'd ever conjured, her palm placed against the wood as the only other person in the room spoke back to her, his head tilted from his chair.

"Don't let the door hit you on the way out, my love." Elizabeth scowled at the oak in front of her at his soft Irish tone: she'd never been so thoroughly confused by an individual and James Moriarty was becoming the king of her weakness. Elizabeth Dallon couldn't help but be deeply curious about him, fascinated if you will; he could manipulate her with a look in the wrong direction and she shivered as she pushed the doors open. How royally confused she was.

"Hello, Elizabeth."

"Hello, my dear." She mocked, huffing as she left Jim Moriarty's company.

"Enjoy yourself?" Elizabeth flushed, looking barely at Sebastian's hard features. A flash of a silver suit and tie looming over her crept back to mind, along with the soft feeling of his fingertip pressed against her skin.

"Thoroughly." Sebastian nodded, removing himself from the formal stance he'd remained in outside of that wooden door, leading the way to her exit. Elizabeth followed close to his heel, needing time to think. She wanted to be back home, able to breathe without thinking about it, without consciously sealing herself during a conversation. Elizabeth was never fake, but false was understandable. Being so easily embarrassed, so obvious with her emotions, like it was painted on her face, sometimes an attempt at a façade was her best option though she knew full well it was a very poor one at that. If she didn't try a little to hide what she was thinking, she'd be even more of the clumsy, blushing, feeble mess she already was.
She sighed.

"Apartment 4B is it?" The brunette nodded, shrugging on her blazer,

"Yes please." Sebastian opened the front door for her when they reached it and stood with the backseat door open on the side she'd occupied on both journeys. Elizabeth ignored him and as Sebastian looked up waiting for her to climb in, he saw she was stood at the passenger door instead. Pulling it open and sitting in with a thud as the door shut behind her. When Sebastian joined her side, she was grinning.

"My god-" She looked at him, her eyebrows knitted.

"What's wrong?" At this, Sebastian began to pity her. She'd known him in total for less than two hours and at the faintest sign of concern, she was awaiting his every need, hoping she could remove whatever was bothering him. Caring and innocent. Sebastian cursed inwardly. God help her.

"You're smiling." He continued and she grinned wider. Sebastian then found himself grinning too, only for her to gasp and point at him.

"Emotion!" She chimed, pumping her arm in triumph, "You're not a robot." She stated, beaming to her side.

"Thanks for the observation, Miss Dallon."
He replied, beginning to remove his grin.

"Oh, it's my pleasure, Mr Moran."

They hid their friendly smiles as they left the drive of the building Elizabeth had been sat in moments before, oblivious to Jim's gaze casting down at her from the third-floor window. His eyes darkened, as she left, the sound of Elizabeth Dallon's laughter rang through the microphone on his bodyguard. Jim clenched his jaw; he was both pleased and agitated by the sound. He wanted to hear it again, in his own ears but not around Sebastian; he rolled his eyes irrational, suddenly frustrated she was driving away in the black Merc, glowering into the distance.

Something about her, he thought and scowled at the involvement. Why couldn't she be boring? Would that really be so hard? A jingle pulled his attention from the window and back inside the room he was in, his hands out of his Westwood suit and picking up the phone buzzing on the glass table. He meant to read the message but instead found his eyes distracted on what was previously Elizabeth's seat. Moriarty took a long moment to let a ragged breath skirt his now dry tongue as he eyed where his brunette had been sat, clicking his tongue as he took lazy steps towards the doorway of the room, leaving the female he'd winked too standing without any further acknowledgement. He fired her the next day.

~~~
Author's Note
Feels like a filler, feels like a filler, feels like a filler.