twenty eight

"HAVE YOU TOLD Sebastian yet?" The sound rang between them with a morning haze to it, sleepily fading at the edges as she stretched and pulled her waking figure away from him. They sat together on the couch in Jim's apartment, the TV turned on a channel neither of them had selected, they'd just pressed 'ON' and never bothered to press another button since. Even so, the pair of them stared at the screen relentlessly, slouched against each other with unmoving eyes whilst they spoke. It wasn't because they couldn't bare to look at each other, but that they were so relaxed they didn't feel the need to. Elizabeth would go from having her eyes on the images flashing over the screen, or letting them close as she nuzzled against the fabric on Moriarty's chest. The sound of the television show was irrelevant and distant, humming in the background though the two appeared like it was everything this morning. Moriarty held her close to him, keeping Elizabeth against his chest with his arms resting over her. One of his hands were beside him, fingers centimetres away from the remote. If he edged his fingertips ever so slightly to the right, he'd brush over it and they could search through the morning's offerings of entertainment. But instead, just like Elizabeth, James was unaffected by the disregarded light and sound presenting itself to them through his television. His other arm rested around her shoulders, his forearm placed over her shoulder blade as she lay slightly turned and curled up against him. His hand placed on her upper arm, her knees tucked up on to the sofa and into her chest, slightly draped over his left thigh.

"I'll see to it."

"See to it?" The brunette echoed, propping herself lightly against him, "He doesn't know?"

"He will soon, I'm not going to let my Tiger back in to the wild now am I? Not when the King's back to claim his gorgeous crown." Elizabeth didn't really like his analogy, and looked up at him with big eyes that rolled over his words. She shook her head and placed it back on his chest, swatting him lightly.

"You should tell him."

"I just said-"

"Like now, Jim." Like a child, the criminal groaned loudly with great exaggeration, rolling his head around his shoulders and casting  both arms out beside them, letting them fall limp at his sides. At the same time, he uncrossed his legs and sighed loudly, puffing out his cheeks. "What?" The brunette asked incredulously. "He's your right-hand man, isn't he?" She wasn't getting her point across, so she sighed and moved herself about a little. His actions had startled her and she'd jumped out of place and now her position was less comfortable when he shifted beneath her. "Think of all the murders you can commit if he knows you're back." She offered, saying it with such enthusiasm he couldn't help himself but wrap his left arm around her back, pulling her waist sharply against him, even though she was already so close. "All the destruction that you could cause." Her voice grew low as she watched him obsess at the words venturing playfully from her mouth. Dark pools resting on the plump lips parting to taunt him, an inviting purr washing over her throat. Moriarty leaned in to her as he pulled her closer, his head tipped back a little as straight, she sat just a bit higher than him; one leg propping her up on his thigh and he watched her speech tumble lazily off her tongue by casting his eyes down his nose. "Infinite fire."

She was dragging out each word, rolling the letters along her tongue and resting it against her teeth. He placed his other hand over her waist too and pulled the brunette into a deep and ferocious kiss; passionate and addictive as his mouth moved against her own. He'd been humming to every temptation leaving her lips, knowing she was trying to pursuade him but sill, somehow, when Elizabeth involved herself in the death and crime he plagued this boring little world with, he found it magnificently and unavoidably attractive. So, he kissed her harder with an overwhelming satisfaction, nibbling on her lower lip and when she breathlessly leant back for air, he agreed. Jim sat Elizabeth down on the sofa, after standing and pushing her off-balance. He went for a shower and so, the brunette picked up the tv remote alone, flicking aimlessly through the channels without focusing on what came up. She hadn't really looked at the screen the entire morning, and now was no different. In the end she dropped the remote, and slid out of her shorts, walking after Jim Moriarty and into the shower he was occupying.