Chapter Seven: Happy Birthday!

Ella

By 5:30 pm, they had us in dresses, hair done, and face caked with make-up.

I had on a white dress, black heels, my straight brown hair was curled, and I wore it out. They put a gold crown on my head. My nails were painted black and white. They put smoky eyeliner, red lipstick, and foundation on my face. The smoky black eyeliner brought out my blue eyes.

Stella had on a black dress, white heels, she kept her usual high ponytail, but they had curled her hair. They also put a gold crown on her hair. Her nails were painted white and black. They put smoky black eyeliner, red lipstick, and foundation on her face.

"We look good," I said.

Stella nodded in approval. "They did a good job."

"They did; you two look gorgeous." Mom said, causing Stella and I to jump a little.

We didn't hear her enter the room. Stella and I both turned around. We ran up to our Mom and hugged her.

"Come on, follow me." She said as she pulled away.

Mom led us through the castle's hallways. Then to the ballroom.

"Happy Birthday, Stella and Ella!" Mom said

We took in the scene. It was decorated, balloons, tables, a food table, there was music. What caught my attention was the cake. This was all for us. Wow.

"Thanks, Mom, we love it," Stella said.

"It wasn't all me; the Queen had a big role. She came up with the idea of throwing the party for you." Mom said.

"It's true." A familiar voice said.

Stella and I turned around to see the Queen.

We bowed.

"Thank you; this is the best party we've gotten," I said.

"No problem, girls, enjoy."

So we did, we danced, we ate. All the staff members were invited, and so were their families. So the castle was full of people.

"Hey girls, here's my birthday gift to you." Mom said as she handed us each a box.

Is this what I think it is?

Stella and I opened it right away. They were iPhones 12, the latest ones. A total upgrade.

"Thanks, mom," Stella said.

"I figured it was time for you girls to receive new phones." Mom told us.

"Now, follow us outside." Queen Dawn said.

We followed Queen Dawn outside, where there were two horses. A white one and a light brown one.

I immediately went to the white one. "I can't believe you got us horses, Lady Dawn!"

Stella went to the light brown one.

She smiled. "No problem. You deserve it; it is your birthday."