Chapter Ten: Poser, Traiter!

Sky

I opened the door to let Tristan in. He greeted me with a smile as he walked in.

His familiar green eyes met my blue ones.

"Welcome," I said as we sat down. "Oh, this is my friend Sasha; she's a Witch."

He stuck his hand out. "Pleased to meet ya." He said to Sasha.

Sasha smiled at me. "You too. Wow, you're cute."

I rolled my eyes.

"Thanks."

"Tristan, she's fifty-something," I warned him.

He frowned.

He needed to know.

"So Sasha and I are planning an attack on the Kingdom of Miradon. We were wondering if you'd like to join us. I don't have anything against that kingdom. But Sasha does, so friends help friends, right?" I asked Tristan, changing the subject.

Tristan nodded in agreement. "Right."

Sasha spoke. "I know my way around the castle so that I can find an entry point. Once we're in, we take the wife to the nursery room. That'll lure King Toby to the nursery. Where you, Tristan, will be waiting behind the door, and then you'll put a knife to his neck. But don't cut him."

"Aww." Tristan frowned.

"Sky, you'll be holding The Queen hostage; I'll hold Edward. Then I'll make the king face an ultimatum. Either he gives me his power, or his family will. Of course, he'll choose to sacrifice himself so that his family can still have theirs. But we don't know if he'll choose that. Sometimes people just might surprise you."

She's right.

"After this is done, are we coming back here?" I asked her.

I didn't want to do this at all. I just wanted to hang with Sasha. We're best friends. But if I tell her that, she'll think I'm betraying her.

"I don't know yet."

So we met with each other a lot to ensure that the plan would work. To make sure it was perfect, and it was, for the most part, not one hundred percent.

I was the weak link. I didn't agree with this; I never did.

Tristan invited me over to his house. It was a week before the attack on the King and Queen.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked as we sat down on his couch.

"I like you, Sky. Do you want to be my girlfriend?" He asked with confidence.

I smiled. "Then it's a good thing I like you too, Tristan." I leaned in to kiss him.

After ten seconds, we pulled apart. I had butterflies, and his face was red.