Chapter Eight: Bullshit

Stella

"I convinced myself that my father was dead because I didn't remember him. But now that he's here, I've got all these emotions. Mostly anger and confusion. Why would he leave in the first place? Did he think about how that was going to affect us?"

"I think a conversation with him will clear things up," Ella told me.

"How are you okay with this?" I asked.

I mean, he left her too; she must be somewhat angry.

"I forgave him the second he walked through that door."

I scoffed.

Wow. Couldn't be me. I rolled my eyes.

"Even though you already forgave him. Wouldn't you still like to know the reason?"

"Yes, I would."

"That's what I thought."

"You gonna be alright?"

"Yes, I'm fine."

"Alright, I'm going to go to my room. See you later." Ella left my room.

Stella and I sat down with Micheal. Mom went for a ride. So it was just the three of us in the house.

"I do owe you an explanation as to why I left."

"So spill it," I said curtly as I crossed my arms.

"I left you, girls when you were three months old. Nicki and I were arguing every day, and I felt pressured. She was always yelling at me for doing things wrong. It made me feel like she didn't need me. So I left; as soon as I did, I regretted it." He explained.

Stella rolled her eyes. "If you regret leaving us, then why didn't you come back sooner?"

"I didn't think you all needed me. Nicki seemed to have it."

"She did, but it would've been nice if you stuck around. Or at least come back sooner."

"He's here now, Stella; that's all that matters," Ella told me.

"Bullshit," I simply said.

"Hey, watch your mouth!" Mom said.

What? I didn't even hear the door open. When did she get back?

I mumbled a sorry and looked down.

"I can make lunch, and then we can head to the castle and show you around," Mom told Micheal.

Ella and I helped her, Micheal sat at the table. After we ate, we headed to the castle. We gave him a tour and introduced Micheal to the Queen, King, and Prince.

"It's so nice to meet you, Micheal." Queen Dawn said. "We Love Stella and Ella; we threw them a nice sweet Sixteenth birthday party yesterday."

"It was a great party; thank you, Queen Dawn," Ella said.

"You've both been a big help around the castle, so the party was a thank you." Queen Dawn said.