chapter four; love sick

finn sat in his room at two a.m. listening to his favorite band, pup, while tears we're streaming down his face because of what Millie had said to him earlier. he couldn't  seem to get the words out of his mind, and the more he thought about it, the more he wanted to cry.
"i'm so sorry finn, but i can't," was the only thing running through his mind.
he wondered why he wasn't good enough for her, he wondered why she didn't want to go on a date with him, but the only thing he could do was fall asleep, before he fell apart.
-
finn woke up around ten a.m. the next morning, not wanting to even move, the first thing he thought of was millie and he suddenly found himself in tears again. he wondered whether he should pick up his phone or not, but he decided to pick it up anyway. the first thing he saw was a message that read,
"i'm so sorry."
underneath the message read,
"-millie."
finn didn't even know if he should respond  back to her or not, she probably wouldn't read it anyways, she was probably with her friend Sadie, or hanging out with the boys instead, but he decided to take the chance anyway.
finn picked up his phone and began to type, "look, i'm sorry too, sorry i'm not-" he stopped himself from saying something that probably wouldn't go over too well with her, or with himself for that matter, and deleted the message and continued to write, "i really like you mills, a lot, i wish you felt the same way sometimes."
finn hesitated whether or not to send the message or not but he just thought to himself, "screw it," and pressed the send button.
-
around seven o'clock finn received a message from gaten that read, "hey! wanna come over? mills is here 😉"
finn really didn't want to go over to gaten's house due to what happened earlier but he thought to himself, "whatever" and replied back,
"be there in five."
-
when finn arrived at gaten's house he saw caleb, noah, but no millie.
"hey, where is millie?" finn asked, wondering if maybe he said the wrong thing.
"she went to the bathroom but she said she would be right back," caleb responded.
"oh," was all he could say back.
-
"are you guys ready to play dungeons and dragons?!" gaten excitedly screamed.
"i guess," finn replied in the most unenthusiastic tone.
millie was just sitting there, fiddling with her thumb, she looked rather upset and finn noticed quickly. he wondered if he should ask her if she was okay, or if he should just leave her be.
he went with the first option.
"millie, are you-" but before he could even finish his sentence, Millie cut him off by saying, "i'm fine."
finn knew she wasn't okay and he didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable so he just decided to drop it.
"If you need anything, i'm here," he told her, in a rather calming voice.
"thank you finn," she replied.
-
finn left around eleven p.m. and didn't get home until eleven thirty, he knew his mom was going to be totally pissed, but right now he didn't care.
"mom i'm-"
"where have you been?! It's almost twelve a.m.!" finn's mother yelled, not that loud that it could wake his little sister ava though.
"gatens," finn responded.
"well you're grounded," Karen said, clearly agitated.
"mom! i-"
"go to your room now. you can think about what you did and we can talk about this in the morning. I-" but before she could finish her sentence finn was gone, he stomped upstairs and right now he didn't care if he woke up Ava.
he was pissed.
"why does everything bad happen to me?" finn asked himself, "god, i'm so done."
the only thing that has been on his mind yet again is the infamous Millie Bobby Brown, what he was going to say to her the next time they met, and how he was going to tell his friends why he is grounded for what seems like forever.

"Screw my life, and Millie, screw you."

-
oh man oh man a lot happened in this chapter.

i bet you didn't see this coming